cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

More than one galleries

Sup everyone! Hope you guys are doing well.

So, I'm developing an app, that allows my company to see many projects, and I have created many browse galleries, one for each project (11 projects, 11 datasources).

My idea is to create a browse gallery, an editform and a detailform for each project.

The first browse gallery, for the first project, works good with the detailform and the editform. Everything linked and working fine.

But the second one (browse gallery), when I try to click in the arrow to navigate to the detailform, nothing happens, or when I type Navigate(DetailForm;Fade) in the arrow button (OnSelect), I can't edit the second box for example, in the browse gallery, because takes me to edit the first box(Only the first box of the browse gallery is editable) . 

Is this idea possible or I have to figure out this in other ways?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: More than one galleries

Hi @PCzinho,

You could try using one gallery edit and detail form, and have the gallery Datasource depend on a dropdown.

So you'd fill the dropdown with the names of the datasources, then in your Items of the gallery have:

If(dropdown1.selected.value = "Project1",

DataSourceName,
   dropdown1.selected.value = "Project2",

DataSourceName2,
etc etc

Could you give something like that a try and let me know if you run into any issues?

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: More than one galleries

Hi @PCzinho ,

Could you tell me the relationship of the first browse gallery and the second one?

Actually, I don't faully understand why the the second one could not work is related to the first one?

Could you show me some screenshoots of your app and give me some settings of the second one?

Usually, one gallery or edit form could only have one data source. So please do not share the same edit form with two data sources.

Here's a doc about the combination of gallery, edit form, detail form for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-forms

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,086)