Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leu0101
Helper III
Helper III

Move attachments from selected gallery into new form automatically attached

Hey Community,

I'm trying to move my attachments from a gallery1 using "datasource1", into a new form (datasource2). My issue is in attaching the attachments into the attachments data card. Inside the attachments datacard "item", I tried using using LookUp('datasource1',ID = VarDatasource1.ID).'{Attachments}', which shows the attachments, however doesn't attach after submitting. I also tried (Gallery1) DataCardValue1.Attachments inserted inside the new form attachments datacard "item" which shows it as well but did not attach to the new record after submitting. I've looked around online and haven't really found much on this matter. I know "Warren" has a attachment to email option, however, I'm just looking to attach the attachments directly into the new form automatically.  I can only assume I may be missing key details or information involving missing the "Value" and "ContentBytes" of the attachments but I could be wrong but since it doesn't attach I can only assume that I'm doing something wrong lol. Any help in the right direction would greatly be appreciated! Thank you community!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Leu0101 ,

You need to do this in Power Automate

MoveAttachments.jpg

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Leu0101 ,

You need to do this in Power Automate

MoveAttachments.jpg

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Leu0101
Helper III
Helper III

Worked out great per usual. Thank you @WarrenBelz !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,189)