cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLMSDev
Level: Powered On

Move existing JS based Code to Power App Models Driven App ?

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to this Powerapps environment. I need some directions. I have some JS file through which i have created certain screens inside Project and SharePoint Online. Now, using the same code I want to bundle it into PowerApp. Here are my thoughts which might help me achive the same. But Do let me know your ideas for the same

1. First Create a Blank entity,  this will produc the Business Rule/ Forms/ Views etc.
  2. Edit the display form and on page load event I would like to inject those available Js files (which are in shared documents in SharePoint Online

Above steps should produce the screen i am looking for. 

I am referring to the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/model-driven-apps/webpage-html-web-resources here which gave the idea that. it's possible!!!!! 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Move existing JS based Code to Power App Models Driven App ?

Hi @GLMSDev 

Do you test with that?

And what is your issue in your test?

Could you please show the screens of your issue?

Client-side scripting using JavaScript is one of the ways to apply custom business process logic for displaying data on a form in a Model-driven app, but it shouldn't be your first choice. Business rules provide a way for someone who does not know JavaScript and is not a developer, to apply business process logic in a form. More information: Create business rules to apply logic

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

GLMSDev
Level: Powered On

Re: Move existing JS based Code to Power App Models Driven App ?

I think you misunderstood my request. All I am asking is since i have laready made something using jqeury in SharePoint Online. can i utilise the same to create the powerapps so i dont have to write new code from scratch. also documentation is really not helpful in terms of creating something using code.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,899)