Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gokulnath
Helper IV
Helper IV

Moving Dataflow to PROD Environment

Hi,

I am creating a new Data Flow in the DEV environment.

How to add Data Flow to part of the Solutions. So it can be exported/imported to another environment? . Any idea on this.

I have created a Data flow to get the data from On-Premise SQL and load it to the Dataverse table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gokulnath 

Edited

Sorry for the late response. Somehow I missed this question.

Data Gateway is for the Tenant level. So we have to create multiple gateways and repoint the data flow when pushed to another environment. Otherwise, it will point to dev since the gateway is tenant level.

The data gateway that you created for development should show on all other environments as well.

Thanks, Stalin (Microsoft MVP)
Blog - Learn To Illuminate Blog
YouTube - Learn To Illuminate Videos

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi Gokul,

We can add Dataflows to the solution however dataflows have some limitations as of now like we can't add connection reference or environment variable . And we can't edit the data flow within solutions when dataflows solution aware.

Still, we can use a solution to package it and push it to prod. Here is the MS Article for Dataflows.

Hi @StalinPonnusamy ,

Thanks for your response. It helps a lot. We are using an On-Premise Data gateway in Dataflow. Will that also moved to upper environment?

Hi @gokulnath 

Edited

Sorry for the late response. Somehow I missed this question.

Data Gateway is for the Tenant level. So we have to create multiple gateways and repoint the data flow when pushed to another environment. Otherwise, it will point to dev since the gateway is tenant level.

The data gateway that you created for development should show on all other environments as well.

Hi @StalinPonnusamy ,

Thank you for your insight on this. I really appreciate your explanations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,654)