Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Moving Excel tables from OneDrive to SharePoint

Dear all

I have my PowerApp set up to reference tables in an Excel workbook which is saved in OneDrive for Business. All good. But I want to move my Excel workbook to a SharePoint library, which I did, then tried to reconnect my data tables, however in PowerApps when I add SharePoint as a data source, it only allows me to point to a library, not to an Excel workbook and not to tables within an Excel workbook. 

Any idea how I connect to tables in an Excel workbook saved in a SharePoint library?  

Many thanks in advance... Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

It looks like that capability is still in the works and I don't see it included in the April 2019 release notes. Here is the topic in the idea forum, showing a status of Planned.  If you go to page 4 there is a potential workaround that might be useful via Flow.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

It looks like that capability is still in the works and I don't see it included in the April 2019 release notes. Here is the topic in the idea forum, showing a status of Planned.  If you go to page 4 there is a potential workaround that might be useful via Flow.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @stumac_31 ,

Still not sure why this is different between OD4B and SPO, considering OneDrive is actually a SharePoint document library - but it's always been the case.  

You could possibly use the Flow Excel Business connector to send data between PA and Excel - hardly efficient, simple, or speedy, but it should be possible.

Not in answer to your question, but I take it importing/exporting the excel table to a SharePoint list isn't an option?

Kind regards,

RT

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stumac_31 ,

I am afraid currently this is not available.

For the SharePoint connector, it only supports loading SharePoint list or Library metadata at the moment.

There is an idea submitted on this topic:

Create App from Excel file stored on SharePoint

For more information about working with Excel, see:

Connect to Excel in PowerApps

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,483)