Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawidK
Helper I
Helper I

Muliple line text SP / multiple choice combobox. Edit screen

Hello,

I have an issue with multiple choice combobox, multiple line text column in SP.

I am inputing the info like this ; Patch - Mistakes: Concat(Mistakes.SelectedItems.Value, Value&", ") everything work OKej. The choices are in a table in the app ["a","b","c"] as items

But i would like to edit those choices made . The SP column is a Multiple Line text. 

I would like to have on my Edit Screen to show me ,when i enter the ID of the row, the selection made and the possibilty to change them. 

Example: 

ID                       Mistakes

1                       a

2                       b, c

3                       a, c, b

When i choose on the edit screen 2 i want on the combobox to have choosen the "b", "c" options and i want to be able to edit them to substract "b" or add "a" then save it.

18 REPLIES 18

@DawidK 

You will need to use the renameColumns function because you are using a Split function that splits into "Results" and you stated that your Combobox has Items of ["a", "b", "c"] which is a Table of "Value" fields.  If you do NOT rename the columns they will never match.

RenameColumns(Filter(Split(Lookup(yourDataSource, ID=whateverIDgetsYouWhatYouNeed, Mistakes), ","), !IsBlank(Result)), "Result", "Value") 

In this formula, the only thing you need to change is "yourDataSource" to be your datasource and "whateverIDgetsYouWhatYouNeed" to be however you are deriving your current record in the datasource.  None of the rest of the formula should be changed. 

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: I was missing a closing Parenthesis in my original response.  I have corrected it above.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Great !
RenameColumns(Filter(Split(LookUp(SecondLineTracker_1, Ticket_Number_1.Text = TicketNumber , Mistakes), ","), !IsBlank(Result)), "Result", "Value")   That works nearly perfect just the issue is that i can choose the mistake twice because just one is Selected (changed color) in the combobox dd. That is normal ?

@DawidK 

Do you have the Search turned on in the ComboBox?

If you get doubles that means it is either not matching or it doesn't have search turned on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

I have that issue after making the update and editing one more time.

I choose those:

pa1.PNG

Then when  i find it and want to change i see that:

pa2.PNG

and if i select Missing Basic it delete it but if i choose No troubleshooting it add one more time. Also u see an empty selection ? That is hard 😕

I Patch for the first time like this : Mistakes: Concat(Mistakes.SelectedItems.Value, Value&", ")

And i Update it also Mistakes: Concat(Mistakes_1.SelectedItems.Value,Value&", ") I think that the blank one is the item after the colon " , "

@DawidK 

Then it is mismatching.  The Default Selected Items MUST match EXACTLY to the records in the Items.

Let's review:

You stated that your Items property of the Combobox is hard coded table of values (I'm assuming from your pictures)

["Missing Basic Information", "Wrong Service", "Wrong Escalation Group"...etc..]

You stated that you are Patching the Mistakes column with this formula (please double check your formula - there was a mistake in your first posted formula, this one is correct):

Concat(Mistakes.SelectedItems, Value & ",")

Now, you have resolved getting the actual string value from the Mistakes column in your datasource.

This formula should do exactly what you need based on the above exact conditions:

RenameColumns(Filter(Split(Lookup(yourDataSource, ID=identifier, Mistakes), ","), !IsBlank(Result)), "Result", "Value")

Please double check everything.  Make SURE that the Allow Searching is on for the ComboBox and make sure there are no extra spaces in the original Concat you were doing.  This is all based off of  "," not ", "

View solution in original post

@DawidK 

That is the issue.  You have extra space in the concat (and the wrong formula).  Your original post did not have the extra space.

Is the data stored with the extra space?

If so, then all the formulas I provided should be changed to ", " 

I cannot thank you so much! It is working i will Check how it works after a day off. Thanks a lot ! I have one little issue to solve but i will figure myself. Thanks a lot

@DawidK 

Yay!  Glad we got through it!  Post back again if you run into more issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,153)