cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Multi Barcode Scanner

Hello,

How can i scan multi barcodes  One Click on "Scan" i want the scanner will be open and scan barcodes until i will Click "Done"
and shoew all barcodes on Label or textimput or gallery.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yaki159 

Do you want the scan to san multi barcodes?

You can use collection to achieve that.

Could you please firstly refrence the reply for this case, it is very clearly:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Barcode-scanning-Multi-Scan-capabilities/td-p/2686...

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yaki159 

Do you want the scan to san multi barcodes?

You can use collection to achieve that.

Could you please firstly refrence the reply for this case, it is very clearly:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Barcode-scanning-Multi-Scan-capabilities/td-p/2686...

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

@v-yuxima-msft 

Is it possible to keep the scanner open until a button is pressed?

For example, I have 150 barcodes to scan. Each time I scan, it returns from the camera screen to the "Scan" button. This is extremely time consuming.

The solution would be to keep the barcode camera open until I have finished scanning all 150 codes.

Thanks

do you have any update?

I want to open this link : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Barcode-scanning-Multi-Scan-capabilities/td-p/2686...

but I found "Access Denied"

Frequent Visitor

access denied for the link 

Hi @iko_chen ,

You can easily keep it on (except you have to close the app to close the scanner) but putting on the end of your OnScan code

Select(YourBarcodeScannerControlName)

(replace with your control name). This simply activates it again after the scan.

You can get a bit more sophisticated by putting starting a 5 second (or so) Timer Control (hide it if your want) and a Button saying Stop Scan the properties of all would be as follows - at the end of your OnScan code - sets Variable vRescan to drive the options

UpdateContext({vRescan:true})

The Visible of the Button - shows button if vRescan is true

vRescan

The OnSelect of the button - Sets vRescan to false if pushed (before timer expires)

UpdateContext({vRescan:false})

The Timer - Duration - 5 seconds - use whatever you want

The Start of the Timer - starts when vRescan is set to true (same time button is visible)

vRescan

The OnTimerEnd  of the Timer - checks if someone has pushed the button (and set vRescan to false) -  if so stops, the scanner does not open. If not pushed, opens the scanner again. Also sets vRescan to false waiting for the next scan to end.

If(
   vRescan,
   Select(YourTimerControlName)
);
UpdateContext({vRescan:false})

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,694)