cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Multi-Level Tree Chart

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone might have an amazing idea on how I can do this. I'm looking to great a multi-level org-chart but am really struggling to find a solution. I've replicated how I want it to look in PowerPoint (Image below), is it possible to create this in PowerApps?

visualPath.png

The datasource will have the following columns. Name, ID and Parent ID. The parent ID is where I'm looking to branch off at.

I've tried nesting a gallery within another gallery but this seems to be limited to just two. 

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Multi-Level Tree Chart

A visual like this does not exist and the logic needed to show branching at different levels would not be easy either.

That said, it is not impossible, just elaborate. You'd be recreating the capabilities of Visio or SmartArt; that is a monumental task.

My suggestion: If you really need this to take place in PowerApps, this is a use case for SVG graphics. You'll likely need to use Concat() against a table for the hierarchy. Concat can generate a string for each row in a table. So you could create the shapes and text needed in svg+xml. Then place them at the right location. Else, there's probably a service out there that can generate such graphics for you and return them into PowerApps. Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

A visual like this does not exist and the logic needed to show branching at different levels would not be easy either.

That said, it is not impossible, just elaborate. You'd be recreating the capabilities of Visio or SmartArt; that is a monumental task.

My suggestion: If you really need this to take place in PowerApps, this is a use case for SVG graphics. You'll likely need to use Concat() against a table for the hierarchy. Concat can generate a string for each row in a table. So you could create the shapes and text needed in svg+xml. Then place them at the right location. Else, there's probably a service out there that can generate such graphics for you and return them into PowerApps. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stephen1606 

If @Mr-Dang-MSFT 's suggestion solve your issue?

Please accept it as solution.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@v-yuxima-msft 

Yes, apparently this was a duplicate post...https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Multi-Level-Org-Chart/m-p/287860#M83272 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,602)