Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stephen1606
Level: Powered On

Multi-Level Tree Chart

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone might have an amazing idea on how I can do this. I'm looking to great a multi-level org-chart but am really struggling to find a solution. I've replicated how I want it to look in PowerPoint (Image below), is it possible to create this in PowerApps?

visualPath.png

The datasource will have the following columns. Name, ID and Parent ID. The parent ID is where I'm looking to branch off at.

I've tried nesting a gallery within another gallery but this seems to be limited to just two. 

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps Staff

Re: Multi-Level Tree Chart

A visual like this does not exist and the logic needed to show branching at different levels would not be easy either.

That said, it is not impossible, just elaborate. You'd be recreating the capabilities of Visio or SmartArt; that is a monumental task.

My suggestion: If you really need this to take place in PowerApps, this is a use case for SVG graphics. You'll likely need to use Concat() against a table for the hierarchy. Concat can generate a string for each row in a table. So you could create the shapes and text needed in svg+xml. Then place them at the right location. Else, there's probably a service out there that can generate such graphics for you and return them into PowerApps. Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps Staff

A visual like this does not exist and the logic needed to show branching at different levels would not be easy either.

That said, it is not impossible, just elaborate. You'd be recreating the capabilities of Visio or SmartArt; that is a monumental task.

My suggestion: If you really need this to take place in PowerApps, this is a use case for SVG graphics. You'll likely need to use Concat() against a table for the hierarchy. Concat can generate a string for each row in a table. So you could create the shapes and text needed in svg+xml. Then place them at the right location. Else, there's probably a service out there that can generate such graphics for you and return them into PowerApps. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Stephen1606 

If @Mr-Dang-MSFT 's suggestion solve your issue?

Please accept it as solution.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Super User
Super User

@v-yuxima-msft 

Yes, apparently this was a duplicate post...https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Multi-Level-Org-Chart/m-p/287860#M83272 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,916)