cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen1606
Frequent Visitor

Multi-Level Tree Chart

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone might have an amazing idea on how I can do this. I'm looking to great a multi-level org-chart but am really struggling to find a solution. I've replicated how I want it to look in PowerPoint (Image below), is it possible to create this in PowerApps?

visualPath.png

The datasource will have the following columns. Name, ID and Parent ID. The parent ID is where I'm looking to branch off at.

I've tried nesting a gallery within another gallery but this seems to be limited to just two. 

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

A visual like this does not exist and the logic needed to show branching at different levels would not be easy either.

That said, it is not impossible, just elaborate. You'd be recreating the capabilities of Visio or SmartArt; that is a monumental task.

My suggestion: If you really need this to take place in PowerApps, this is a use case for SVG graphics. You'll likely need to use Concat() against a table for the hierarchy. Concat can generate a string for each row in a table. So you could create the shapes and text needed in svg+xml. Then place them at the right location. Else, there's probably a service out there that can generate such graphics for you and return them into PowerApps. Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

A visual like this does not exist and the logic needed to show branching at different levels would not be easy either.

That said, it is not impossible, just elaborate. You'd be recreating the capabilities of Visio or SmartArt; that is a monumental task.

My suggestion: If you really need this to take place in PowerApps, this is a use case for SVG graphics. You'll likely need to use Concat() against a table for the hierarchy. Concat can generate a string for each row in a table. So you could create the shapes and text needed in svg+xml. Then place them at the right location. Else, there's probably a service out there that can generate such graphics for you and return them into PowerApps. Good luck!

View solution in original post

v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stephen1606 

If @Mr-Dang-MSFT 's suggestion solve your issue?

Please accept it as solution.

Best Regards.

Yumia

@v-yuxima-msft 

Yes, apparently this was a duplicate post...https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Multi-Level-Org-Chart/m-p/287860#M83272 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,919)