cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Multi-Level cascading Dropdown

Hello fellow-power app'ers 

I am having trouble with a multi-level cascading drop down list. 

I have the cascading options all connected to an Excel sheet. 

The first drop down is to choose a state, i.e. Queensland, Victoria or NSW. 

The code for this is under Items is: Distinct(Table_1,STATE) 

The second drop down depends on the first and it is to choose a REGION within each state, i.e. if Queensland was chosen the regions 'Wetlands' 'Great Barrier Reef,' would appear. 

The code for this under Items is: Filter(Table_1,STATE'Dropdown1.Selected.Result) 

The next set of connections are a series of species that are connected to each region, i.e, if 'Wetlands' was chosen, several species of plants would appear giving the user the option to choose multiple species. 

The code for this under Visible is: If(Or(Dropdown2.SelectedText.REGION="Wetlands"),true,false) 

THE PROBLEM:: All the data is stored in the same Excel table. Most of the options are all working fine except two. For example, when I choose the region "Tablelands" under NSW, no species appear. This is the case even when the species appears under another region, i.e. 'tree' appears when "wetland" is chosen but does not appear when "Tablelands" is chosen. 

Any insight or help from anybody would be greatly appreciated! 

Thankyou. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Multi-Level cascading Dropdown

Hello, 

I have fixed it!

Thanks team. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I have fixed it!

Thanks team. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @barmour 

Your first drop-down will get a Distinct list of the states

Distinct(Table_1,STATE)

Your second one should be this to get the list of Regions applicable to the State

Filter(
   Table_1,
   STATE=Dropdown1.Selected.Result
).REGION

and it you want a control to be visible if Wetlands are chosen in the second box, you just need this in the Visible

Dropdown2.Selected.REGION="Wetlands"

Is this the direction you are heading.

PS I am a Queenslander!

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Warren, 

You live in a beautiful place! And thankyou for your help, I have resolved the issue. 

Thankyou 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,838)