cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Multi Option Set values are getting mixed up

Hello. I'm having issues with multi select option sets. My entity has two of them, and I've noticed that when trying to save the values of the two multi option set in a form, that they get their values mixed up.

I have two multi select option sets that get their values from two different option sets.

Here are the options in the first multi select option set.

optionsetissue1.png

And these are the options in the second.

optionsetissue2.png

The strange thing is how when I click to submit the form, the multi select option set values get mixed up. Like the second one now has the value of the first. 

optionsetissue4.png

This is what it looks like before submitting.

optionsetissue5.png

And then this is what it looks like after.

optionsetissue6.png

What is causing this? Is this a bug in Power Apps? I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, just using a basic form. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multi Option Set values are getting mixed up

Hi @Mgodby ,

How do you submit your form data? Using SubmitForm function? or Patch function?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. I found that the Option Set column value has been saved back to my Entity correctly, but when referencing it in canvas app, the first Option Set field would be populated with same value as the second one.

I would post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I did this with a SubmitForm.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

This is now a major issue for us. An application that has been working for over a year is now displaying incorrect data on our forms when using CDS and option sets. What will this be corrected @v-xida-msft ??

We use Patch to save and edit data to CDS.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby  @maverick17 ,

Thanks for your feedback. I have posted this issue back to my Product Team, and this issue has been confirmed by them. The Product Team is investigating this issue, if the issue is fixed, I would reply here.

Currently, there is no temporary workaround to fix this issue. You could consider use Choice type column (enabled "Allow Multiple selections") in SP list to replace the Multi Select Option Set column in CDS Entity.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,080)