cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nasriq
Frequent Visitor

Multi Screen Form

Hi All, I've been following the steps in this video to have a multi-screen form that will direct to the same row in SharePoint list.
This is the link of the video: https://youtu.be/N8AsxE__Mw8

But when the form navigated to the second screen of the form, with FormMode.Edit, specifically in the properties of defaultmode of the form I write as instructed in the video which is "If (formType="New", FormMode.New, formMode.Edit) and in the first-page form in the property of OnSuccess I write "Set (formType, "Edit");Set(selectedItem,FormCustInfo.LastSubmit);Navigate(Secondpageform)" the result is the second page of form doesn't appear as it is invisible and it says "No item to display". 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nasriq ,

set the Items property of the form on the second screen as

selectedItem

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. 

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nasriq ,

set the Items property of the form on the second screen as

selectedItem

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. 

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nasriq ,

In the video @aprildunnam had explained clearly as each form item property must be selectedItem at 7:14 click on the below link it will take you to the exact point.

https://youtu.be/N8AsxE__Mw8?t=426

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Hi @Nasriq ,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges.

If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Regards,
KrishnaV
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nasriq ,

Could you please share a bit more about the formula you typed within the Item property of the second Edit form?

Regarding the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is that you do not bind the Item property of the second Edit form (in your second screen) to a proper SP List Item record.

Please set the Item property of the second Edit form in your second screen to following:

selectedItem

or

LookUp('Your SP List', ID = selectedItem.ID)

And set the DefaultMode property of the second Edit form to following:

If(
    formType = "New", 
    FormMode.New, 
    FormMode.Edit
)

Please try above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Nasriq
Frequent Visitor

Hi @KrishnaV 
Thank you for your help. Yup it's definitely helped me resolve the issue. I just missed the part you mentioned and it's working perfectly now. 

Regards,
Nasriq

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,329)