cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nasriq
Frequent Visitor

Multi Screen Form

Hi All, I've been following the steps in this video to have a multi-screen form that will direct to the same row in SharePoint list.
This is the link of the video: https://youtu.be/N8AsxE__Mw8

But when the form navigated to the second screen of the form, with FormMode.Edit, specifically in the properties of defaultmode of the form I write as instructed in the video which is "If (formType="New", FormMode.New, formMode.Edit) and in the first-page form in the property of OnSuccess I write "Set (formType, "Edit");Set(selectedItem,FormCustInfo.LastSubmit);Navigate(Secondpageform)" the result is the second page of form doesn't appear as it is invisible and it says "No item to display". 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nasriq ,

set the Items property of the form on the second screen as

selectedItem

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. 

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nasriq ,

set the Items property of the form on the second screen as

selectedItem

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. 

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nasriq ,

In the video @aprildunnam had explained clearly as each form item property must be selectedItem at 7:14 click on the below link it will take you to the exact point.

https://youtu.be/N8AsxE__Mw8?t=426

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Hi @Nasriq ,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges.

If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Regards,
KrishnaV
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nasriq ,

Could you please share a bit more about the formula you typed within the Item property of the second Edit form?

Regarding the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is that you do not bind the Item property of the second Edit form (in your second screen) to a proper SP List Item record.

Please set the Item property of the second Edit form in your second screen to following:

selectedItem

or

LookUp('Your SP List', ID = selectedItem.ID)

And set the DefaultMode property of the second Edit form to following:

If(
    formType = "New", 
    FormMode.New, 
    FormMode.Edit
)

Please try above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Nasriq
Frequent Visitor

Hi @KrishnaV 
Thank you for your help. Yup it's definitely helped me resolve the issue. I just missed the part you mentioned and it's working perfectly now. 

Regards,
Nasriq

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,625)