cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Multi Search dropdowns

I have a data set that used to be filtered out column by column to get the desired results.  There are many values within each cell of the 3 columns (ie, Value1; Value2; Value3...).  Currently, users multi select their desired values via multi-select filter column by column (column A, column B, then column C).  

I'd like to create this search functionality within Power Apps for simplicity sake for our users.  Ideally, there will be 3 multi-select drop downs options (with each one meant to search for the matching values within each column).  I have browsed this forum looking for options on how to do this to no avail.  I assume Power Apps may not be the tool I need, or, and I really hope not, I have to reconstruct the data set I'm seeking to place search parameters on.  Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multi Search dropdowns

Hi @enlitzinger ,

Do you want to filter the table based on three multiple combo boxes?

Does these three combo boxes display different fields of the table?Could you tell me the three fields' data type?

Whether the three combo boxes' relationship "AND" or "OR"?

I assume that these three fields are all simple type.

1)If the relationship is "And" please try this:

Filter(table,field1 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field1,field2 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field2,field3 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field3)

2)If the relationship is "OR" please try this:

Filter(table,field1 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field1 ||field2 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field2 ||field3 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field3)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

If I understand correct what you want to do is as follows:

To match all three criteria:

Filter(Source, StartsWith(ColumntoSearch1,TextToSearch2),StartsWith(ColumntoSearch2,TextToSearch2),StartsWith(ColumntoSearch3,TextToSearch3))

Or to match either condition 

Filter(Source, Or(ColumntoSearch1=TextToSearch2,ColumntoSearch2=TextToSearch2,ColumntoSearch3=TextToSearch3)))

Assuming you are using dropdowns your text to search will be based on dropdown1.Selected.Value

C

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I do this by creating a collection of the data and the different selections just update the collection changing what is showing...I do the same to add sorting options. 

See this video I did a few months back shows one way I have done it:

https://youtu.be/Roq3GfVOGok

It is a pretty easy way of doing it and I have several apps that my users didn't want to take out of Excel that I won over by adding this feature to the app. 🙂

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @enlitzinger ,

Do you want to filter the table based on three multiple combo boxes?

Does these three combo boxes display different fields of the table?Could you tell me the three fields' data type?

Whether the three combo boxes' relationship "AND" or "OR"?

I assume that these three fields are all simple type.

1)If the relationship is "And" please try this:

Filter(table,field1 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field1,field2 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field2,field3 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field3)

2)If the relationship is "OR" please try this:

Filter(table,field1 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field1 ||field2 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field2 ||field3 in combo box1.SelectededItems.field3)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,054)