cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sf1173nyc
Regular Visitor

Multi Select Checkbox in Sharepoint Integrated Form

Hello all!  I am hoping you can help me solve my problem with my sharepoint integrated form.  I watched @RezaDorrani YouTube video for Multi Select Checkbox in Power Apps and while this video as all Reza videos are awesome this is for a canvas app and trying to get this to work in a sharepoint integrated form.  I have been successful in getting the form to work in new and edit mode but not view mode.  I am using the formula below on my OnVisible which I updated to point to the SharePointIntegration as opposed to the main gallery like Reza showed in his video.

sf1173nyc_0-1653671988469.png

Any ideas where else I would need to update?

This is what I see for the list item: 

sf1173nyc_1-1653672195156.png

What I click to view the list item I see this below.  How can I get the check boxes selected to show in view mode?

sf1173nyc_2-1653672265503.png

Then once I go into edit mode I can see the items that were selected and can change and update these with no issue.

sf1173nyc_3-1653672331401.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for not responding I put this down over the long weekend and I just started this up again today but the good news is I was finally able to get this to work in view mode by changing some of the logic.  I made the OnVisible to blank and then updated the Default for the Checkbox to the below:

sf1173nyc_0-1654035758163.png

Then I updated the OnEdit, On New and OnView for the SharePointIntegration to the following:

sf1173nyc_1-1654035970171.png

sf1173nyc_2-1654035987223.png

sf1173nyc_3-1654036014983.png

All the above seems to have done the trick.  Thanks for responding and trying to help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @sf1173nyc ,

Your fundamental issue I believe is that the collection that is needed to populate the existing items is not running. SharePoint Integration has a weakness that items at App OnStart and Screen OnVisible will not run at times if you simply switch records as the app and screen are "already open" in the view of Power Apps - you have simply changed the record displayed. To test this theory on yours, refresh SharePoint (with the browser refresh button) and see if it works first time in View Mode.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @sf1173nyc ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Sorry for not responding I put this down over the long weekend and I just started this up again today but the good news is I was finally able to get this to work in view mode by changing some of the logic.  I made the OnVisible to blank and then updated the Default for the Checkbox to the below:

sf1173nyc_0-1654035758163.png

Then I updated the OnEdit, On New and OnView for the SharePointIntegration to the following:

sf1173nyc_1-1654035970171.png

sf1173nyc_2-1654035987223.png

sf1173nyc_3-1654036014983.png

All the above seems to have done the trick.  Thanks for responding and trying to help.

Kauser
Regular Visitor

Hi @sf1173nyc ,

I followed all the steps you mentioned above but what i am noticing is that if i edit few items and save it at that it works fine but then if i refresh the page and edit again. Previous values saved goes blank and new value is saved. Not sure what am i doing wrong here. Seems to be something with collection. Any help is appreciated. This is what i have on my form:
OnView
Refresh('Training Request Form');
ClearCollect(
colSOData,
SharePointIntegration.Selected.'Strategic Objectives'
);
ViewForm(SETRForm)
OnEdit
ClearCollect(
colSOData,
SharePointIntegration.Selected.'Strategic Objectives'
);
EditForm(SETRForm)

OnNew
ResetForm(SETRForm);
Clear(colSOData);
NewForm(SETRForm)

If(SETRForm.Mode <> FormMode.New,ThisItem.Value in SharePointIntegration.Selected.'Strategic Objectives'.Value)

I followed Reza's video exactly then made the changes I noted in my post so look at your other settings.  With the Datacard Selected make sure your Default and Update is set to your collection colSOData.  Below is what my tree view looks like and noted the areas where I have made changes. 

sf1173nyc_0-1654180127310.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,629)