cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilaj1
Helper III
Helper III

Multi Select Filters in Power Apps with Combo box

I've been looking for some time for a solution to my filtering with a multi option combination box in Power Apps.  I have a SharePoint list as my backend (i know there will be delegation issues, but records wont ever go over 200). This list has 5 columns as seen below, I added the Expertise column as part of my testing when i saw that the Fields of Expertise was a managed meta data field. 

kilaj1_0-1655174479283.png

In PowerApps, I've tried creating a collection on start to have all the items of the "Expertise" Column 

ClearCollect(
    colStaffExp,Choices('Expertise List'.Expertise)
);

I then add that to the Combobox Items.

On the Gallery, I've tried various combination of filters and the only one that somewhat worked wasn't even a filter but a method of hiding the entries using a flexible height gallery (Reza Dorrani's method) 

The filters I've used kept complaining about the use of a table when using the IN function even when I use a collection.  the articles and videos I've seen seem to not take into account that the Expertise field I have contains multiple values.  but I could be misinterpreting that.

Ideally I would have this filter be used with check boxes on the left as seen here

kilaj1_2-1655175180116.png

Any help or point in a helpful direction would be appreciated

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (5,459)