Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoursnani
Helper V
Helper V

Multi course data dropdown according to choice

Hi 

I have created power app that hold a choice (CHOICE X& CHOICE Y)column and dropdown colomn. and I have three list in same site (LIST A,B,C). Assume that I am creating app in list A . when I choose CHOICE X data should came from LIST B. AND when I choose CHOICE Y data should came from LIST C. I have used "if" function like : if(DataCardchoice1.selected.Value = "CHOICE X",'LIST B NAME','LIST C NAME')

Unable to choose particular column's from different list. I try to make two different drop down then its showing but unable to update the value. 

Please help me out ...

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Yoursnani ,

So you want to update different fields? That is not possible with an Update command as the data source of the card needs to be set. You are better off simply using a Patch command.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Yoursnani ,

Dynamic Items of a Form require both datasets to have identical field names and field types and even then, I have found they do not always work properly. You might consider simply having two Forms (one on each list) with the Visible set according to the choice made.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I am new for power apps .

If  I use two drop down in same columns what should be "update" property ? 

Thank you 

I am new for power apps .

If  I use two drop down in same columns what should be "update" property ? 

Thank you

@WarrenBelz 

@Yoursnani ,

What are the Items and names of (both) the drop-downs and what is the name and type of field you are updating?

@WarrenBelz 

Items are List (both)

1st List names  : project WBS Elements

• 2nd List Name : project WBS Elements -Deisel

@Yoursnani ,

I need the Items and names of the drop-downs

@WarrenBelz 

Dd name :Dropdown1 

Item name : project WBS Elements (its List )

Value should came : Active WBS Element (its column)

DD2 name: Dropdown2

item :Project WBS Elements -diesel (its List)

Value should came : WBS Element -Diesel (column)

@Yoursnani ,

Are you updating the same column here or two different columns? Also is this a drop-down or a combo box control?

I am a bit lost here what you are trying to do - can you please explain in more detail.

@WarrenBelz 

I have total three list they are analytical, project WBS and WBS diesel.

I am creating a app in analytical list 

and I want to pull data from project WBS and WBS Diesel . when I choose choice GAS  its need to pull data need to come from Project WBS list and when I choose choice Diesel data should be pull from WBS Diesel list. When I I am trying to use "IF" functions in drop down . its not showing all columns in value .

Then I try to create two drop down for single columns. And I put different item functions . its works but when I am going to save . its getting error in Update property  for the that particular column. can you have suggestion on this . what should be update functions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,369)