Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Multi layered sub ID's

I created an Excel spreadsheet with a multi-layer id system like this
IdLayers.PNG

I have ID and DataID setup to generate there ID's the way i want I'm just having a little trouble with the subDataID.
when creating a new form i want to check if DataID value has ever been created before and if so to create a new subDataID value 1 for that DataId value and Increimate subDataID =+1 for every time a new DataID with the same DataID is created.

Maby something like this.

if(DataIDCard.Text <> LookUp(Table,DataID),Set(subDataIdVariable,1),Set(subDataIdVariable,Max(Filter(Table2,DataID = "10"),subDataID)+1))

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @natmaxex ,

Do you want to check whether there's subDataID, if yes last subDataID+1, if no start from 1?

If so, the key point is to use LookUp function to get whether there's existing DataID.

You should use formula like this to get field value:

LookUp(table,condition,fieldname)

The formula that you used: LookUp(Table,DataID) will only get a record. You use use IsEmpty to justify whether that's record, not to compare a value with a record.

Try this formula:

If(
    IsEmpty(LookUp(Table2,DataID=DataIDCard.Text)),
    Set(subDataIdVariable,1),
    Set(subDataIdVariable,Max(Filter(Table2,DataID = DataIDCard.Text),subDataID)+1)
  )

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks, I find this works a lot better.

If(
    IsBlank(LookUp(PeoplePurchasDev,DataID=DataCardValue6.Text,DataID)),
    Max(Filter(PeoplePurchasDev,DataID=DataCardValue6.Text),subDataID)+1
)

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @natmaxex ,

Do you want to check whether there's subDataID, if yes last subDataID+1, if no start from 1?

If so, the key point is to use LookUp function to get whether there's existing DataID.

You should use formula like this to get field value:

LookUp(table,condition,fieldname)

The formula that you used: LookUp(Table,DataID) will only get a record. You use use IsEmpty to justify whether that's record, not to compare a value with a record.

Try this formula:

If(
    IsEmpty(LookUp(Table2,DataID=DataIDCard.Text)),
    Set(subDataIdVariable,1),
    Set(subDataIdVariable,Max(Filter(Table2,DataID = DataIDCard.Text),subDataID)+1)
  )

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, I find this works a lot better.

If(
    IsBlank(LookUp(PeoplePurchasDev,DataID=DataCardValue6.Text,DataID)),
    Max(Filter(PeoplePurchasDev,DataID=DataCardValue6.Text),subDataID)+1
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,040)