cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pb37087
Regular Visitor

Multi-select People Picker Default Selected Items submitting to SQL

I have a combo box that allows a user to select multi-users from Office365 connector.  My Items Property is Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: ComboBox1.SearchText, top: 10}).  When a user submits the data to my SQL data source, it is submitting a concat of all the emails selected from a label delimited with a semi-colon. 

When a user selects the item from a gallery, I store it in a variable.  Set(varUser, ThisItem).

I would like to take the concat field of the semi-colon separated emails and expose them to the combo box and pick up those emails as people selected objects.

So, it would look something like this:

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: Split(varUser.EmailConcatField, ";"), top: 10}).  But this will not work because this is looking for a text field, not a table.  Any assistance or know of where an example of this would be?

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pb37087,
Do you want to populate the Combo Box with Gallery selected users?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

If you want to populate the Combo Box with the multi select users, I think you could directly set the DefaultSelectedItems property as below:

Gallery2.Selected.'Marketing Team'//Here is the field name

Best Regards,
Qi

I want to continue using the combo box as a people picker field.  So when I select an item from a gallery and use that concat field with the email semi-colon separated options, the users may want to add additional users to the combo box.  So I still need the people picker functionality in play.

Yes, As you see below, my field is a semi-colon separated group of emails.  I would like to use the object email and search for the items selected by the user after they sent it to the lists.  I would like for the combo box to pick up that email items.  Not sure if this makes sense.

pb37087_0-1650225499159.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,383)