cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktvision
Helper I
Helper I

Multi user PowerApps: Send Email with MS Flow not working for other users

I created a PowerApps and MS Flow to sends out an email to a user, but it NOT working for other users.

If I run the PowerApps, it works fine and send out an email, but it is not sending out an email for other users. I think it is because of other users use different outlook email address.

Do you have any suggestion how to handle it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dawidvh,

Yes, I want to send the HTML file as an attachment to the email.  I was going to convert it to PDF, but the PDF conversion function in the Flow is not good.  When I used the convert to PDF function in the Flow is losing some of the formats.  That is the only reason that I'm sending it as HTML file.

a) The Flow doesn't generate error message and it finishes the Flow successfully, but No email has been sent out.

b) Yes, other person has access to the SharePoint.  The beginning of the flow, it creates a HTML file in the SharePoint before it sends out with email.  That means that the user has the access to the SharePoint and it works except for the email.

c)  I tried to pass the all the information back to PowerApps, but it was not successful.

d) I will try.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DavesTechTips
Super User
Super User

Hi Richard,

Which connector are you using to send the mails from PowerApps, or are you calling a Flow that then generates the email?

We usually use the Office 365 Outlook connector which is called with Office365.SendEmail directly in PowerApps and works great.

Also feel free to send some print screens of the email sending functions.

Kind regards

twitter: @DavesTechTips

youTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMe_ErQZP5chbI9UyW0xLw

>>If you found this reply helpful, please mark this as the answer to close the topic and make it easier to find for other people with similar questions.<<

Dawidvh,

The PowerApps is calling a MS Flow that has a sending-email fuction. 

Here is what the Flow is doing:

1. The PowerApps trigger the Flow.

2. The Flow create a HTML file in a SharePoint document library using the data from the PowerApps.

3. Send out the HTML file that created in a SharePoint document library using Outlook email.

Are you suggesting that I create a Outlook connection in PowerApps and send the email from PowerApps?

If that is the case, how can I get the file that created in SharePoint by the Flow?

Thank you again for your help.

Hi Richard
Do you want to send the html as an attachment?
Some things to check:
a) Does flow give an error when other users trigger it? Can you confirm that is is triggered by other users?
b) check to see that other users have access to SharePoint library
c) you could generate html directly in Outlook connector by marking the mail as html and type the html in the body
d) if all else fails, try and remove all html and sharepoint components from flow to just test the basic email going out from other users and get a stable base to work from.

Dawidvh,

Yes, I want to send the HTML file as an attachment to the email.  I was going to convert it to PDF, but the PDF conversion function in the Flow is not good.  When I used the convert to PDF function in the Flow is losing some of the formats.  That is the only reason that I'm sending it as HTML file.

a) The Flow doesn't generate error message and it finishes the Flow successfully, but No email has been sent out.

b) Yes, other person has access to the SharePoint.  The beginning of the flow, it creates a HTML file in the SharePoint before it sends out with email.  That means that the user has the access to the SharePoint and it works except for the email.

c)  I tried to pass the all the information back to PowerApps, but it was not successful.

d) I will try.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Dawidvh,

Actually, it was worked.  Since it was from the other person, the Outlook sent the email to my Junk email box.

I really appreciated your help!!!!  Thank you.

Great man, well done!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,865)