Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rubio_Damien
Helper I
Helper I

Multifilter gallery with a column choice

Hi the community,

I have generate multifilter gallery and there is no problem.

But now i need to have in first choice to filter in a column of a list of nine column, is it possible ? I join a picture Who will be more clear probable than my explain.

Could Someone could help me ? 

14 REPLIES 14

@CNT Any idea ?

CNT
Super User
Super User

@Rubio_Damien I understood what u'r trying to do. But u'r columns name are a bit confusing. So, I demo the concept with some IceCream 🍦!

I have DropDown with the column names.

CNT_1-1621534763525.png

I have a TextInput to enter the Filter Value and a Gallery to Show the results as seen below.

CNT_0-1621534671342.png

The formula for the Items property of the Gallery

Filter(myIceCream, 
    If(DropdownFilterColumn.Selected.Value="Ice Cream ID", ID=Value(TextInputFilterValue.Text),
    DropdownFilterColumn.Selected.Value="Ice Cream Flavour", Flavor in TextInputFilterValue.Text,
    DropdownFilterColumn.Selected.Value="Ice Cream Quantity", Quantity in TextInputFilterValue.Text
    )
)

Please follow the same pattern for u'r 9 fields

Hope this helps!

Sorry i'm very bad ! I have rename my dd menu and try to translate with my table. Attach a file of where i am, in the second and third line if i have understand the code the left part is to say wich column display but i don't understand right part ?

If you want more detail it's possible and if you think it's to difficult for me i understand too 🤣

@Rubio_Damien The left part is which column you want to filter in and the right part is the value. If it's a number column, you will say myColumn=Value(textField.Text). If it's a text column, you will say myColumn in textField.Text.

Hope this is clear!

I'm sorry i don't arrive to the result, i will try to do something more easier for me. 

I arrive to nothing as soon as i want to do a complex filter... thanks for your time and sorry to arrive to nothing 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,517)