cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlynJones

Multiple Actions from a Button

Hi,

I have seen a number of posts on this topic but none seem to address my issue. I'm running three actions on a button as follows:

GlynJones_0-1650902109580.png

Trying to use this PowerApp on a SharePoint page using a PowerApp web part.

The PowerAppemail.Run() runs fine and an email is sent. The "Request Submitted" message then appears. But the Launch command is just never actioned. (The actual URL is not shown, but it is a valid SharePoint page.)

Incidently when I run this from the PowerApps Canvas screen it works differently. Here the message doesn't appear but the webpage does launch!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Glyn

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GlynJones ,

I was referring to this control:

vjefferni_0-1651627186091.png

and the doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-timer

The Timer control is very useful when you want the App perform some behaviors totally automatically. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

That's great, thank very much! I'll give that a go.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GlynJones ,

The reason is:

1. When in SharePoint webpart, PowerApps Launch function is not able to open the URL to replace current tab.

2. In a standalone Canvas app, a new tab that replaces the current app tab causes notifications to be displayed for too short a time to be seen.

To solve the issue, in SharePoint web part you can open a new tab instead of replacing. Or you can check below thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/PowerApp-Launch-not-working-in-embedded-S...

In Canvas you can add a Timer Control, use a variable OnSelect of the button:

UpdateContext({TimerStart: true})

set timer Duration to 50000 (5 sec) and append the Launch function OnTimerEnd to open the new tab automatically.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the information, very useful.

The only thing I'm not clear about is the mention of Timer Control. I've used the Tomeout parameter in the Notify function but I think you are referring to something different. However, I can't see a reference to a Timer Control function. I also looked at the UpdateContext command details but am still not clear.

Would you be able to provide an example or point me to an example of the Timer Control please?

Thanks,

Glyn

Hi @GlynJones ,

I was referring to this control:

vjefferni_0-1651627186091.png

and the doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-timer

The Timer control is very useful when you want the App perform some behaviors totally automatically. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

That's great, thank very much! I'll give that a go.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,967)