Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VincentGiovanni
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Apps in to one big App?

Hello great community,

I've currently launched 3 apps.

The first one is to insert the deliveries that arrive to our warehouse with multiple columns (Supplier, Ordernumber, Product, Quantity, Date, Requested by, Comments) aswell as find all the deliveries that arrive through our warehouse through searching by Ordernumber (Sharepoint List as Datasource), and reach up to around 20k rows every year

The Second one is a simple app where you insert all the check outs of workclothes and also display items through searching name and reaches around 1000 rows every year (Sharepoint List as Datasource)

Third one is the same as second one but it's checkout for Machinetools and to search by name, I suspect it will reach around 100-200 rows every year (Sharepoint list as datasource

My questions are if I should i put all these 3 separate application into 1 big application with multiple functions, I'm concerned that the prestanda will decrease due to the amount of data, screens and controls. If this would be possible without decreasing prestanda, Is there also a way to implement Power Automate flows and AI models into the app?

This is because I would like to improve the overall use of my application that can be implemented in other construction projects, and it would serve my career well if i succeed.

Do any of you have any previous experiments with this? Is there any traps I should be concerned of, tips and tricks would also be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!
Best Regards
Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@VincentGiovanni 

SharePoint will be just fine for what you are doing.  It has a very high limit to it (30 million records). So your datasource will be fine, but you will need to always make sure you are building with delegation in mind - you will need to delegate search criteria to the list to get what you want.  But, this is not a big challenge, just something to keep in mind as you design.

As for combining the 3 together, from your description, they do not seem to be overly big apps to begin with.  So combining into one would be perfectly fine.

The only guidance I would provide for doing so would be to consider the following:

- Functionality across all apps.  Is there common functionality in all three apps that would benefit from being in one.

- Maintainability.  Do you have common formulas in all three apps that would benefit from being in one place instead of 3.  (NOTE: this is specific to business logic, not interface logic...if interface logic, then consider components)

- Access.  Are the users of all three apps going to be using and have rights to perform all three functions?  If you are limiting permissions on datasources in any way in any of the three, then combining will present errors.

As for controls counts - you will see little if any issues with having a larger number of controls in your combined app.  However, this also assumes that you are designing your app using methods that already limit the number of controls - i.e. components, galleries for repetative controls, etc.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Hey Vincent. To your firts app, using SP as a datasource is a bad idea.

Sharepoint list limtations:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/sharepoint-online-service-description...

You have a max that you can save per list, a max that you can see (2000) and a max that you can filter (5000)

I don't think it is a good idea..

Plus, moving everything to a bigger app:

When you create a power app, it loads every item, screem, component, etc that you have on your power power app when you open it. Bigger the app, the slower it is. More stuff, less speed.

My advice is having a good planning, a good site map, etc, etc

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website! 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@VincentGiovanni 

SharePoint will be just fine for what you are doing.  It has a very high limit to it (30 million records). So your datasource will be fine, but you will need to always make sure you are building with delegation in mind - you will need to delegate search criteria to the list to get what you want.  But, this is not a big challenge, just something to keep in mind as you design.

As for combining the 3 together, from your description, they do not seem to be overly big apps to begin with.  So combining into one would be perfectly fine.

The only guidance I would provide for doing so would be to consider the following:

- Functionality across all apps.  Is there common functionality in all three apps that would benefit from being in one.

- Maintainability.  Do you have common formulas in all three apps that would benefit from being in one place instead of 3.  (NOTE: this is specific to business logic, not interface logic...if interface logic, then consider components)

- Access.  Are the users of all three apps going to be using and have rights to perform all three functions?  If you are limiting permissions on datasources in any way in any of the three, then combining will present errors.

As for controls counts - you will see little if any issues with having a larger number of controls in your combined app.  However, this also assumes that you are designing your app using methods that already limit the number of controls - i.e. components, galleries for repetative controls, etc.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,989)