Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shnurich
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple Attachments

Hi, 

I have a form where the user has to add dozens of photos. But powerapps only allows you to add one at a time. This is terribly inconvenient. Tell me how to add 5-10-20 photos at the same time?

5 REPLIES 5
JayMagness
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure where you are storing them but if SharePoint then save them as attachment.

You can change the max numbers and even the max size. 

Jay

Hi

I'm not talking about the maximum number, but about the number of files that can be simultaneously selected for adding. That is, I click Attach File and can attach one file at a time. If I need to add 20 files, I have to click attach a file, select it and confirm. and repeat this 20 times. 

HI,

I see now what you are saying. Yes this is the way it works...

I did not develop PowerApps but I think this is the best DIGITAL process in MY VIEW.

As I see it when you select the attachments they are put into memory in the device you are using as a user. this is kind of like PowerApps is Bunching them up and when you are done it sends them. This process allows the system to be sure the attachments are all in order before you Submit the Form. If you selected 20 at a time then submitted the form right after it could do  partial upload if it was not done attaching them to the form.

I hope this is understood and acceptable. 

okay, but the standard sharepoint form allows you to pull up a large number of files at the same time. Why does Powerapps work differently and how to set up Attach?

Hi,

SharePoint is a total web based system and the upload starts when the files are selected and once a process starts it goes in the background. PowerApps Could be in the web only but also it could be on a client machine and could or could not be connected so there should be some correction involved here as it is in my view. As I see it this is much better as it is then having the user save and do a submit on every file. Closing a screen then going back every time.  I can truly see both sides but users and Customer need to start to understand that there is protecting being built in. and this is meant to make the program more reliable. There may be a way to bypass this and allow it but I do not know and this is what I have told all my users and they accept it and understand.

As I have said in many other areas there is different experiences in different parts of O365 and M365 for example in Team Desktop Location doe not work, but in teams web it does work, these are all things Microsoft’s awesome wizards are working on we just need to be patient.

I will, check a few other things and see if I can get it to work and again needs to be reliable.

Again I hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,814)