Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niklasjegg
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple Choices as Default Item in Form Dropdown

Hello.

I have trouble with the following task: I have a Form based on my SPList. In my SP List i have a Choises Column with Multiple Choices available.

I want to get the Selected Choices form the SPList in my Dropdown. Right now i can get the Defaultselecteditems to show up with Choices(Users_1.Audit) but it shows me all 7 available choices as selected. ion my SPList there are only 2 choices selected. How do i get the dropdown to display only the choices selected in my SPList?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@CNT yes i just did. I used usersGallery.Selected.Audit as Defautl selected Items. For Items i uses Choices ([@Users_1].Audit) on the ComboBox. And the Form item was Defaults(Users_1) thanks 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@niklasjegg Set the DefaultSelectedItems to ThisItem.Audit

@CNT do i need to set a default value too? nothing is showing up as selected. only the choices i can select

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@niklasjegg what is the Items property of the EditForm and the items property of the Combobox? 

niklasjegg
Helper I
Helper I

@CNT editform items property is Defaults(Users_1) and combobox is Choices(Users_1.Audit)

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@niklasjegg The Items property of the EditForm must point to the record you want to edit. It cannot be Defaults().

For example if you are selecting a record from a gallery, the Items property of the EditForm will be Gallery.selected

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@niklasjegg Did you get it right?

@CNT yes i just did. I used usersGallery.Selected.Audit as Defautl selected Items. For Items i uses Choices ([@Users_1].Audit) on the ComboBox. And the Form item was Defaults(Users_1) thanks 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,623)