cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Multiple Component Condition

I was hoping this would work. It doesn't see to be. I have an SP library where the file format of image, work, and pdf files are as such:

New Uploads:

2021 CT0000 Ship Captain Charlie Tuna 2_14_2021

or 

Inherited Files: (had no date at the end)

2021 CT0000 Ship Captain Charlie Tuna

The first part has always worked. Is there a way to make both work together; if the format doesn't match the first check again against the second, type of thing? Or, can I limit the search to jus the first four fields; regardless of whether the file name has a date in it or not?

Image Control in Gallery:
First(Filter(CQImageCollection, 'Name'=ThisItem.CQYr & " " & ThisItem.UnqID & " " & ThisItem.CQTitle & " " & ThisItem.FrstNm & " " & ThisItem.LstNm & " " & ThisItem.DteofCQ)).'{Link}' & First(Filter(CQImageCollection, 'Name'=ThisItem.CQYr & " " & ThisItem.UnqID & " " & ThisItem.CQTitle & " " & ThisItem.FrstNm & " " & ThisItem.LstNm)).'{Link}'

22 REPLIES 22
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

'...one man's undiscovered rock is already someone else's home.'

Meaning, I asked some months back whether something like this would work, and was assured that a condition like this - that looks for two different things at the same time, and only pulls and displays the image desired based on the parameters wasn't possible.

Well, I got a fresh start this morning, put the last condition you provided in a new image control and walla, images - old and new, everywhere.

Thanks for the help and the patience, Mr. Hayes!😁👍

With({_common: ThisItem.CQYr & " " & ThisItem.UnqID & " " & ThisItem.CQTitle & " " & ThisItem.FrstNm & " " & ThisItem.LstNm}, Coalesce( LookUp(CQImageCollection, StartsWith('Title', _common & " " & ThisItem.DteofCQ)), LookUp(CQImageCollection, StartsWith('Title', _common)) ) ).'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Large

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@3csman 

So, all is good now?  Just making sure we go it nailed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

When I do it, yes.

We'll see when my testers are back tomorrow.

For now all is good.

Standby for more..., maybe.😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,036)