cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Multiple Component Condition

I was hoping this would work. It doesn't see to be. I have an SP library where the file format of image, work, and pdf files are as such:

New Uploads:

2021 CT0000 Ship Captain Charlie Tuna 2_14_2021

or 

Inherited Files: (had no date at the end)

2021 CT0000 Ship Captain Charlie Tuna

The first part has always worked. Is there a way to make both work together; if the format doesn't match the first check again against the second, type of thing? Or, can I limit the search to jus the first four fields; regardless of whether the file name has a date in it or not?

Image Control in Gallery:
First(Filter(CQImageCollection, 'Name'=ThisItem.CQYr & " " & ThisItem.UnqID & " " & ThisItem.CQTitle & " " & ThisItem.FrstNm & " " & ThisItem.LstNm & " " & ThisItem.DteofCQ)).'{Link}' & First(Filter(CQImageCollection, 'Name'=ThisItem.CQYr & " " & ThisItem.UnqID & " " & ThisItem.CQTitle & " " & ThisItem.FrstNm & " " & ThisItem.LstNm)).'{Link}'

22 REPLIES 22
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

'...one man's undiscovered rock is already someone else's home.'

Meaning, I asked some months back whether something like this would work, and was assured that a condition like this - that looks for two different things at the same time, and only pulls and displays the image desired based on the parameters wasn't possible.

Well, I got a fresh start this morning, put the last condition you provided in a new image control and walla, images - old and new, everywhere.

Thanks for the help and the patience, Mr. Hayes!😁👍

With({_common: ThisItem.CQYr & " " & ThisItem.UnqID & " " & ThisItem.CQTitle & " " & ThisItem.FrstNm & " " & ThisItem.LstNm}, Coalesce( LookUp(CQImageCollection, StartsWith('Title', _common & " " & ThisItem.DteofCQ)), LookUp(CQImageCollection, StartsWith('Title', _common)) ) ).'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Large

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@3csman 

So, all is good now?  Just making sure we go it nailed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

When I do it, yes.

We'll see when my testers are back tomorrow.

For now all is good.

Standby for more..., maybe.😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,540)