cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppsDaniel
Level: Powered On

Multiple Data Entry in PowerApps Text Input?

I am building an app which is basically a series of screens with forms and text input. However, one of the inputs (reference number(s)) should admit one or multiple values.

I have tried a couple of things and so far I think the one I like more is the following:

- Text Input: the user enters the (next) value.

- Add button: the value is appended to a collection (ReferenceNumbers) with the following structure: {Name: TextInput.Text}).

- Gallery: the Items property is equals to ReferenceNumbers and has a cross icon to delete each item.

- Delete button: clears the collection and deletes every item from the gallery.

Before the data is sent to the SQL Server Database every item in the collection is concatenated in a semicolon separated string.

Screenshots:

screenshot_1.pngscreenshot_2.png

Is there a better way to do this with native PowerApps elements?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: Multiple Data Entry in PowerApps Text Input?

Hi @PowerAppsDaniel ,

To better understand your issue:

1.  Which form do you want to enter multiple values in?

2. Do you want to patch multiple numbers (separated by a semicolon) as a string to SQL DB?

3. Or in any other forms?

If you want each number is separated by a semicolon, I think you workaround is great, because table can be easy to handle with each number.

If each number can be separated by a newline character, Multiline TextInput would be better and more convenient.

Annotation 2019-10-18 134618.png

Best regards,
Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Hi @PowerAppsDaniel ,

To better understand your issue:

1.  Which form do you want to enter multiple values in?

2. Do you want to patch multiple numbers (separated by a semicolon) as a string to SQL DB?

3. Or in any other forms?

If you want each number is separated by a semicolon, I think you workaround is great, because table can be easy to handle with each number.

If each number can be separated by a newline character, Multiline TextInput would be better and more convenient.

Annotation 2019-10-18 134618.png

Best regards,
Sik

View solution in original post

PowerAppsDaniel
Level: Powered On

Hello @v-siky-msft,

Yes, I want to patch multiple numbers separated by semicolons to an SQL Server table column as a string as in:

REF_NUM

-----------------------

115;158;1934;2141;

21314;12312;213;

12312;1412;141124;

I think I'd better stay with my workaround because I want users to be able to delete one element in particular (hence the cross next to each item). I'll leave the question open for a couple days more in case someone comes up with a better solution.

Thanks for the reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,218)