cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Filtering SPO List and displaying results in Connected Web Parts

Hello,

I have a rather large list that was imported from excel.  I was looking at an option (Page) where users can have multiple filters and then have the results displayed in a web part on the same page.  Sounds confusing right? lol

Here's what the list looks like.

adamtcp_0-1606188148787.png

I was hoping to have a page with 3 different web parts.  The first where users could select an option from the second column, the results would be the corresponding line entries from the 6th column displayed in additional webpart, which users can filter again.  Ideally I'd like for users to then be able to view columns 7, 8+9+10 (not in picture) etc displayed in a final web part.  So in summary if this makes any sense theres 3 web parts, 2 of which are used for filtering and then the results displayed in the 3rd.  The list itself has over 600 line items so its just a way for staff to check pricing on particular items (and have it nicely presented) without having to scroll through the list.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As per your description, do you want to filter the list in a gallery by selected value of some column values?

If so, since your list holds 600 rows which is not too many to meet the delegation limits(but you will need to check if you have set the data row limits up to 2000 as recommended), you could use 2 Dropdowns or Galleries to let user select value and display the results in a gallery. Please follow the steps below:

1\ Add a Dropdown1 or Gallery1 and set its Items to

Distinct(Table, 'Registration Group Name').Result

2\ Add another Dropdown2 or Gallery2 and set its Items to

Distinct(Filter(Table, 'Registration Group Name' = Dropdown1.selected.Result),'Support Item Name').Result

3\ Add Gallery3 and set its Items to

Filter(Table, 'Support Item Name' = Dropdown2.Selected.Result)

If you would like the Gallery display all items when nothing selected in that dropdowns, you could apply the formula below in the Items of the Gallery as well:

Filter(Table,If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Result),true,If(IsBlank(Dropdown2.Selected.Result),true,'Support Item Name' = Dropdown2.Selected.Result)))

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-jefferni thank you for taking the time to respond.

The answer to your question 'As per your description, do you want to filter the list in a gallery by selected value of some column values?' is yes, I'm looking to filter the list (based on more than one value) and have it displayed in a gallery or something similar.  I'm using SPO.

Excuse my ignorance,  while your instructions do make sense, i'm not sure where I should be adding the dropdown or gallery.  Is this within the list itself or within the webparts on the page I'm trying to present the results in.

Thanks again for your help.  

Adam

Hi @Anonymous ,

The interface would be like below screenshot which I created as the demo:

26.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-jefferni 

thanks again for your help,  I think I'm slowly getting there.  I have setup 2 x dropdowns and the gallery is displaying information.

DropdownRGN = Distinct('Adam Test Catalogue' , 'Registration Group Name').Result

DropdownSCN = Distinct(Filter('Adam Test Catalogue', 'Registration Group Name' = DropdownRGN.Selected.Result),'Support Category Name').Result

//Both the above components work well currently.

Gallery = Filter('Adam Test Catalogue', 'Support Category Name' = DropdownSCN.Selected.Result)

The formula for the gallery is only filtering based on DropdownSCN result therefore it is showing item with Registration Group Names that wasn't selected/a result in the DropdownRGN if that makes sense.

How can I make the Gallery result to look at the option displayed in both the DropdownRGN and the DropdownSCN?

Hope that makes sense,

Thanks

Adam 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again @v-jefferni 

I also had trouble getting this formula to work,

Filter(Table,If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Result),true,If(IsBlank(Dropdown2.Selected.Result),true,'Support Item Name' = Dropdown2.Selected.Result)))

The dropdowns dont have a blank option,  is this something that needs to be included?

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

As per your description, you have already made that two dropdowns cascading. You mentioned they don't have blank option do you mean you have set default selected items in both of them?

If so, I think the formula of Gallery Items should be:

Filter('Adam Test Catalogue', 'Registration Group Name' =DropdownRGN.Selected.Result && 'Support Category Name' = DropdownSCN.Selected.Result)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,231)