Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaireAllen
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Multiple Forms based on different approvers

Hello Community,
I need your help please!

I am NEW to Power Apps, I have only created a few basic forms, and need help with a new Task.

I need to create a form using Power Apps, where I have different stages so I thought about a Multiple Form

The form has different stages

User Submission Form - they complete this then submit, then the manager needs to complete a form

Managers Approval - they see the content submitted by user (Display Mode), the Manager needs to complete a section of the form and submit
HR Approval - they see the content submitted by user & manager (Display Mode, HR need to complete a section of the form and submit

Legal Approval - they see the content submitted by user, manager & HR, they then have the option to click Approve or Reject (Choice Column) then submit

From that I then need to generate a report, using Power Bi? so the data from the Form I think would need to be stored in a SP List from Power Apps

I need help with regards to formula for Displaying content to the approvers to only Edit the sections that are relevant to them.

Suggestions / Screen Shots would really help me

Thank you
Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
notj
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

You're using form for two terms in PowerApps. One is a form and the other is a screen. You should familiarize yourself with those two terms in PowerApps so your message is better understood.

It looks like you would want five screens, one for submission, Manager Approval, HR Approval, Legal Approval, and finally  a success screen.

On each screen, you'll want a form, connected to the same data. The difference would be you remove the data cards that are not relevant to that approver.

You would have a button on each screen that has a similar formula to this:

Patch(
   SharePointSource,
    GalleryMyItems.Selected,
    FormSubmissions.Updates);
Navigate(ScreenSuccess)

A variation, say for the Manager Approval would be like: 

Patch(
   SharePointSource,
    GalleryMyItems.Selected,
    FormManager.Updates);
Navigate(ScreenSuccess)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
notj
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

You're using form for two terms in PowerApps. One is a form and the other is a screen. You should familiarize yourself with those two terms in PowerApps so your message is better understood.

It looks like you would want five screens, one for submission, Manager Approval, HR Approval, Legal Approval, and finally  a success screen.

On each screen, you'll want a form, connected to the same data. The difference would be you remove the data cards that are not relevant to that approver.

You would have a button on each screen that has a similar formula to this:

Patch(
   SharePointSource,
    GalleryMyItems.Selected,
    FormSubmissions.Updates);
Navigate(ScreenSuccess)

A variation, say for the Manager Approval would be like: 

Patch(
   SharePointSource,
    GalleryMyItems.Selected,
    FormManager.Updates);
Navigate(ScreenSuccess)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,483)