cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newguy26

Multiple Hyperlinks from Excel to Powerapps

Hey, 

I have read the earlier solutions for making clickable URLs to Powerapps, but what if there is hundreds? Can you automate this somehow? 

And one other thing:

I know you can use the Launch and and set different parameters to it, but how could you do this that it would automatically put all the correct URLs to the Powerapp? Here is an example what I am trying to do. And yes, I am very very new with this kind of stuff and don't know how the parameters for instance work. 

I have for example a URL "www.docplayer.com"

the full URL for one document that I want to link is "www.docplayer.com/document5"

and another one is ""www.docplayer.com/document6" and so on.

One object in the powerapp list should have a clickable link to a multiple documents.

I have column in Excel that has the objects, and from one to five columns (they differ from one another) that contain the hyperlinks to those. They all are linked in Excel and the hyperlinks work there. Is there anyway to do this in an automated way or at least with minor work effort?

Thx in Advance for any tips or comments, much appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Newguy26 ,

If I understand your question, you want to put the "common" bits in a value to use every time.

So if for instance you had a gallery with the documents and the document name was in a field called DocName, but the "prefix" (for want of a better word) was always www.docplayer.com/ then you would do this.

Set a Variable (App OnStart is a good place) - call it whatever you want.

Set(vDomain,"www.docplayer.com/")

The on a button in the gallery

Launch(vDomain & ThisItem.DocName)

Is this what you are asking?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @Newguy26 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hey,

Sorry for the delay. I guess your in the right track, but I lack a lot of experience with Power Apps so I can not say for sure, would it work.  The complete app, that I am trying to produce would go somehow as follows for example:

Lets say I have list of cars in my excel, here is an example of a single row:

Car1 - Detail1 - Detail 2 - Detail 3 - Hyperlink 1 - Hyperlink 2 - Hyperlink 3 - Hyperlink 4

And Car 2 would have the same and so on. 

Hyperlink 1 & 2 goes to my sharepoint.com/document5.pdf and document6, having some documents there.

Hyperlink 3 & 4 go to a specific URL which shows few 3D - models (different from hyperlink 1 & 2).

These links would need to be clickable and they are all working in Excel, but would need a way to create working app for tablet and phone. Therefore I am searching possibilities how we could do this Power Apps and If it is even possible. 

Your fast answer was very much appreciated though! @WarrenBelz 

Thanks @Newguy26 ,

As mentioned, you can store hyperlinks in "bits" and put them together by simply concatenating them. For instance if you had

https://en.wikipedia.org

in your first field called URLBase and

/wiki/Microsoft_Dynamics_365

in the second called URLPage, then

Launch(URLBase & URLPage)

would open the web page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Dynamics_365

however, there is a further issue now you have mentioned mobile devices and SharePoint.

While the device will launch external URLs with this method, due to the way the app on mobile devices resolves URLs anonymously, they simply will not open a SharePoint file using the "external" URL, even if the user is logged into SharePoint on the device. You can do this however by connecting to the Library, selecting the relevant file in a Gallery and launching "Link to Item'.

Regarding your question on multiple URLs for one item, you would need to present these is a Gallery and the user select the item to launch as per the rules above.

Hi @Newguy26 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,261)