cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Multiple Screen Processing Best Practices

In creating an app from the CDS data source I wanted to break up the Edit Form across multiple screens.   The Submit and New Forms did not behave as you would have thought, so I went to collections and patch / collect commands.

So is this a good practice.

Main Menu -> New Screen/Record Creates a series of collections for each screen.  I have a screen that holds all of the collection galleries and the forms use the collection galleries as the default values.   When the user aborts and returns to main menu, if they hit New Screen/Record the galleries default and forms reset.  I am also going to provide a listing page where they can select existing records that when selected populate the collections with the data and begins at the 1st form.  When the user wants to save I will keep track if it is new record and patch/collect accordingly.

So my question, is this more complicated or am I missing something that prevents me from keeping my forms

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multiple Screen Processing Best Practices

Hi @jonleed_03,

I think this is not a good practice to me. May I know why did you need to break up the Edit Form across multiple screens? To me this is unecessary as PowerApps forms can auto-add the scrolling bar when there are too may data cards inside.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Multiple Screen Processing Best Practices

Thanks for the reply.  It is important to have the mulitple screens as the purpose of the app is to answer and evaluate different options across the screens.  While I can put them all on the same form, it does not present the user with an ease of use and each screen has some logic to interpret to ensure date and actions are accounted for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,532)