Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaina
Resolver I
Resolver I

Multiple Selection Dropdown field Customize Form using SharePoint List

Hi,

Can you help, i have a created a customize form connected to a SharePoint List.

Now, I have a Config Plant (Dropdown Selection), and I set it up as multiple selection. In my power app, I can select multiple but the problem is I encountered error in Default property 

jaina_0-1621914063081.png

jaina_1-1621914099047.png

I guess, this is the reason why the data I have selected doesn't reflect in my sharepoint list. 

Kindly help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jaina ,

Have you done any custom settings for this DataCard or for this combo box inside your app?

All your settings appear to be correct, and these formula are all gengrated by default(seems that there is no any custom setting).

I did a test on my side with all the configurations you provided(except column name), everything works fine on my side when submitting a new list item with multiple selections. So I would suggest you remove this DataCard and re-add this column again for your SharePointForm1(this is the default name for the SharePoint customize form), check if you can submit list items successfully this time.

v-albai-msft_0-1621925699384.png

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
rizkyaditya
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @jaina ,

You can try this :

1. Default property for your Datacard : 

ThisItem.'Config Plant'

2. Items property of your ComboBox used for selection (i assume you use combobox, because i dont think dropdown can hold multiple value selection) :

Choices(yourListName.'Config Plant')

3. And just double check that your ComboBox DefaultSelectedItems property is set to : Parent.Default

It should patch whatever your selections are to your list, and also read them back to the ComboBox.

I hope this helps!

jaina
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @rizkyaditya , all formula you mentioned has the same set up in my power apps with encountered error..

jaina_0-1621919707708.png

jaina_2-1621919738996.png

jaina_1-1621919722937.png

jaina_4-1621919961452.png

@jaina 

Can you share what kind of error message that you get?

jaina
Resolver I
Resolver I

I tried to submit an with multiple entry in Config Plant but unfortunately, it only capture 1 item selected in SharePoint List and in Display

@jaina 

Have you set the Update property of your datacard to this ? :

yourComboBoxName.SelectedItems

Hi @jaina ,

Are you editing Default property on combo box or on its DataCard?

If you want to set a default value for combo box, just put code into DefaultSelectedItems property of this combo box, no need to edit Default property of this combo box, you can leave it blank.

v-albai-msft_0-1621924285300.png

Besides, since your combo box allows multiple selections, check if the Update property of your DataCard is set to formula like below(.SelectedItems returns a table, .Selected returns a record😞

DataCardValue.SelectedItems

v-albai-msft_1-1621924414606.png

Best regards,

Allen

jaina
Resolver I
Resolver I

yes

jaina_0-1621924555260.png

Hi @jaina ,

Have you done any custom settings for this DataCard or for this combo box inside your app?

All your settings appear to be correct, and these formula are all gengrated by default(seems that there is no any custom setting).

I did a test on my side with all the configurations you provided(except column name), everything works fine on my side when submitting a new list item with multiple selections. So I would suggest you remove this DataCard and re-add this column again for your SharePointForm1(this is the default name for the SharePoint customize form), check if you can submit list items successfully this time.

v-albai-msft_0-1621925699384.png

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

@v-albai-msft 

So does on my side, nothing shows any error.

Maybe the suggestion from Allen can be your solution @jaina .

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,422)