cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1ouis
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Sharepoint Lists in a Dropdown

Hey all,

I have data across 50 different SPO lists.

I want to import / connect the lists in a dropdown.

Do I have to connect prior or is there a more dynamic way of doing this?

What's the best way of doing this?

2 REPLIES 2
365CornerDawid
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @1ouis 

50 lists it is a lot! so please check out combox which will also give Users ability to search in the result - better UX.

As for your question:

1.) You will need to connect all lists to the App as the data source

2.) When that is done you can start to combine lists into one collection (use collect to add next list result)

As SharePoint is also adding system columns to the collections consider using ShowColumns to have nice and clean data.

As the structure of all lists might not equal you will need to use also RenameColumns 

I dont know how big are your lists but if one is more than 500 items you need to change also advance settings - Data row limit for non-delegable queires.

Yet, if you have such big lists x 50 then performance of your App can be really bad and you need to take care how to manage feedback to Users that data are loaded.

Hope this will help you if yes please remember to select this as solution so other community members to find answers quicker.
Regards
Dawid 

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @1ouis ,

Of course, all SPO lists must be connected to PowerApps first! 

If you need to merge all lists' data into A drop-down box, you need to use a collection to hold all of the list data. Note the delegation Data Limit mentioned above.

If you want to display the specific list data based on certain criteria, please consider using Switch() function to output the specific list data.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (86,398)