cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
colmblake
Level: Power Up

Multiple client data in CDS - control scope of data displayed based on user

Hello, this is my first post, apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I searched and couldn't find an answer........ I'm not even sure what I am looking for 🙂

I have the start of a model-driven app that is used collect information about applications/workloads at client ie application name, application owner, version, support agreement etc

I have managed to get a form together for the fields above and I have an account form from that entity that is used to add a vendor, in my test data this is Microsoft for exchange and putty.org for putty.

A this time it is a single organisation form, therefore, I also need to add a client , client A will have ~100 apps/wklds​ client B will have ~50 apps/wklds there will be some of the same apps in both but with unique data for each organisation eg: Exchange will be present in each org but have different owners per organisation.

My expectation is that I will be able to assign a license to someone from the client in the project team to the app and i want them to be able to CRUD only their data

I need to be able to work in scopes eg: i want to be able to search globally to find an answer if a new client doesn't have it, I also need to be able to search per client if I am looking for all web applications in a subnet for example

There is a lot of requirements there, thanks for reading 🙂

I am a network/server guy by trade so I will will need it explained simply but I really see the potential in the Power Platform, any guidance would be gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1
GarethPrisk
Level: Powered On

Re: Multiple client data in CDS - control scope of data displayed based on user

There is a lot there, you aren't kidding. 🙂

On the CDS side, you will be able to control the User's access in a few ways.

• They will need a PowerApps license to access ANY CDS environment/database
  • Each CDS environment can be controlled via an associated Security Group (enables/disables users)
  • THEN
    • CDS Security Role's come into play
    • A user must have a Security Role to access anything in CDS
    • This can set the granular level's of CRUD access
    • It also includes privilege depths, such as User-only, or Organization

This should allow you to control the CRUD operations against those CDS environments that the user has access to.

Some resources:

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,443)