cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ubikwitous
Microsoft
Microsoft

Multiple datasources on one screen

Is there a way to have a screen pull from multiple SharePoint lists formatted with the same columns and present one list of all combined items?

Since each list is considered a datasource, it would be multiple datasources. 

Right now, I have one datasource per screen and a home page that basically links to each one. On each screen, I am pulling from one datasource, like this:

SortByColumns(Filter('Activity List 1',( TextSearchBox1.Text in Description)), "Due_x0020_Date", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Is there a way to add in 'Activity List 2,' etc. one the same screen knowing that within the app all of these datasource connections exist?

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @ubikwitous,

First, the answer is yes and there are several ways to do this depending on what you would like to show.  One way would be to merge the data sources with the Collect() function.

• AddColumns() 
  • Collect()

Both ways are discussed in this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-I-add-fields-from-multiple-data-sources-i....

I hope that gives you enough information to get  you started.  Please mark this as solved if it answers your question.

Hi Drrickryp,

I'm think I'm close now. I don't think AddColumns is what I need - that would seem to combine multiple lists based on a key value to tie data together.

The Collect() is what I think I need, but I can't get it working. I'm trying

Items = Collect(Collection1,'ActivityList1','ActivityList2')

I've also tried

Items = ShowColumns(Collect(Collection1,'ActivityList1','ActivityList2'),"Category","Description")

just to see if the columns made a difference, but no dice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @ubikwitous I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I'm adding in @KeremY to review and assist. 

Thank you.

@Anonymous

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,425)