cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple edit forms on same screen connected to same data source

Hi,

I am using powerapps the first time, I am trying to create two Edit forms on the same screen to insert the data into the same list with different columns. one form working fine and second form is not loading just showing "Getting your Data"

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

@kkalyan some great examples given by @Drrickryp but I thought I'd throw a link in here as well - purely because I was just reading it this morning so it's still quite fresh 🙂 !

https://wonderlaura.com/2019/04/17/powerapps-form-across-multiple-screens/

From what you've said it sounds like you need to set a variable in the OnSuccess of the first form submit, then reference this in the second forms' Items property.

eg

Form1.OnSuccess = Set(varRecord,Form1.LastSubmit);

then

Form2.Item = LookUp(yourDatabase,ID=varRecord.ID)

You also need to have the second form in Edit mode ie DefaultMode = FormMode.Edit.

What I've outlined above is pretty much straight from the link I posted so not my work, it's Laura's. 

View solution in original post

@kkalyan 

Did you submit Form1? If you tried the above setup then Form2 will only display once Form1 has been submitted. 

If you did submit, please supply the follwowing properties of each form:

- Data source

- Items

- OnSuccess

- DefaultMode

As @Drrickryp has said above, what you are trying to do is quite tricky and if you aren't deliberate about how you setup your form/s you'll run into many issues. I'd recommend re-reading and fully understanding all those posted links before building one of these types of apps.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @kkalyan 

The solution is not as simple as you think. Checkhttps://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Is-it-possible-to-split-the-Edit-Form-into-m... 

for a possible answer as to how. 
https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/ Is another approach. Personally I prefer the last one.

Super User
Super User

@kkalyan some great examples given by @Drrickryp but I thought I'd throw a link in here as well - purely because I was just reading it this morning so it's still quite fresh 🙂 !

https://wonderlaura.com/2019/04/17/powerapps-form-across-multiple-screens/

From what you've said it sounds like you need to set a variable in the OnSuccess of the first form submit, then reference this in the second forms' Items property.

eg

Form1.OnSuccess = Set(varRecord,Form1.LastSubmit);

then

Form2.Item = LookUp(yourDatabase,ID=varRecord.ID)

You also need to have the second form in Edit mode ie DefaultMode = FormMode.Edit.

What I've outlined above is pretty much straight from the link I posted so not my work, it's Laura's. 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kkalyan ,

If two form data is submitted to an existing record, just try to bind both Items property of two EditFrom to that existing record.

If two form data is submitted to a new record, to achieve this, I would suggest you use Patch function to save two Edit Form data to the same record at one time, since it is hard to unify two form submissions to the same new record.

Patch('SP list', Defaults('SP list'), Form1.Updates, Form2.Updates)

Hope this helps.

Sik

Hi Eelman

I have tried this option. But when I ran a sample test it saying No Items to display. what I am doing wrong here.

thanks,

kalyan.

@kkalyan 

Did you submit Form1? If you tried the above setup then Form2 will only display once Form1 has been submitted. 

If you did submit, please supply the follwowing properties of each form:

- Data source

- Items

- OnSuccess

- DefaultMode

As @Drrickryp has said above, what you are trying to do is quite tricky and if you aren't deliberate about how you setup your form/s you'll run into many issues. I'd recommend re-reading and fully understanding all those posted links before building one of these types of apps.

Hi @Eelman ,  thank you, your support. I found the issue. some reason Items property is empty. i filled that and it working. 

@kkalyan 

Great to see you got it working. Just remember to mark this post as SOLVED so that others with similar issues can find it easier.

You can make a number of replies as the solution or even mark your own comments as the solution, the choice is yours.

All the best.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,596)