cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varnima
Frequent Visitor

Multiple input rows like excel

I have a sharepoint list and a powerapp. The powerapp have a page where I want users to input data that will go into the list. But user have there data in excel and sometimes it's like 400 rows of data and they dont want to input them for 1 hour. Is there a way to make a powerapp that will take a copy input from excel and paste it in a powerapp?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rebeccas
Super User
Super User

No, not through PowerApps. There are a few ways around that you could do.

One would be have a blank excel spread sheet that is formatted they can get to and they can paste the values there and then trigger a Flow that takes that data, puts over to SharePoint list and then clears the data.

Basically you will have to think outside the box and use some tools outside PowerApps for that. Wish that would be an added option like Access does.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rebeccas
Super User
Super User

No, not through PowerApps. There are a few ways around that you could do.

One would be have a blank excel spread sheet that is formatted they can get to and they can paste the values there and then trigger a Flow that takes that data, puts over to SharePoint list and then clears the data.

Basically you will have to think outside the box and use some tools outside PowerApps for that. Wish that would be an added option like Access does.

View solution in original post

varnima
Frequent Visitor

In fact there many ways. I made flow with microsoft forms for single input, or even custom view for a list, so they can imput that what with quick edit. And I know the way that you mentioned, but I really wanted to give a more premium way of doing it. Like to put everything in the app. It's ok if it's not possible, that give me the reason I couldn't find the answer by myself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,471)