cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Multiple lines of Text field

Hi Guys, I have a custom list with various fields, i have few Multiple line of text fields and enriched text is selected like example Project description etc, i am customizing the form in power apps , when i submit something its adding div tags in the multiple lines of text field. Is there a way to convert the data card to enriched text field ? where i can see html text wit

ballapalli_0-1596144626182.png 

ballapalli_1-1596144690411.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Multiple lines of Text field

htmltext2.png

The HTMLtext control shows the formatted text.  A regular label control shows all the formatting instructions 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @ballapalli 

Unlock the card and hide the control inside.  Then put a Rich Text editor input box in the card.  Set the HTMLText property of the control to Parent.Default.  Change the Update property of the card to HtmlText1.HtmlText .  You will need to use the HTML Text control to show the data in the gallery. 

htmltext.pnghtmltext2.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

hey @Drrickryp @ thanks for replying but i dont see the property HTMLText" for the control 

html.PNG

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@ballapalli 

My mistake, it should be set the default property of the control to Parent.Default

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@Drrickryp  

what did you mean by "You will need to use the HTML Text control to show the data in the gallery" this? 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

htmltext2.png

The HTMLtext control shows the formatted text.  A regular label control shows all the formatting instructions 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,351)