cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Multiple list entries from a single Form

Hi all, 

I'm having a problem with an Entry Form. I'm creating an app that generates Serial Numbers.

I have a Form that auto-fills from some text input boxes which run some functions to generate the digits of the serial number. 

The problem arises when I want to generate more than one serial number. The first serial number works perfectly for generating, displaying and saving. The app then automatically generates the next number, but the entry form goes blank. In the editor, the values are displayed correctly, but when previewing or running the app the form says "No Item to Display" and I can't save the value to the SharePoint list. 

I've been pulling my hair out over this for the better part of a week now, does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multiple list entries from a single Form

Hi @Bovi ,

Do you want to submit form data back to your SP list to add new entry?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with the DefaultMode property of the Edit form. Please make sure the DefaultMode property of the Edit form is set to following:

FormMode.New

and add the following formula within the OnSuccess property of the Edit form:

ResetForm(EditForm1);
Back()

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Showing a screenshot May help

But you can try this:

Insert a Gallery1 then put the Datasource on the items.

Then in the Items property of the form put Gallery1.Selected

In preview when you click the Gallery, it should display The data.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @eka24, thanks for your reply. 

Here are some screenshots showing the issue. The first screenshot is from the editor, the second is previewing the app. The data source for the form is set to the SharePoint list, each of the fields is set to its corresponding text input box or a gallery.selected.{field} for the relevant machine. The form is set to new as well as each entry should be a new entry on the list. I already have the necessary information from a gallery that was already selected, and a couple of TextInputs that piece the serial number together. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Please The screenshot is not attached

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sorry about that, I thought they were embedded in the text of my previous post. I have them as attachments now. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bovi ,

Do you want to submit form data back to your SP list to add new entry?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with the DefaultMode property of the Edit form. Please make sure the DefaultMode property of the Edit form is set to following:

FormMode.New

and add the following formula within the OnSuccess property of the Edit form:

ResetForm(EditForm1);
Back()

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@v-xida-msft, thank you so much. 

I left out the Back() as I want to remain on the same page after submitting the form. I was just missing the ResetForm() for the OnSuccess property. 

Thanks @eka24 for your help too and your speedy replies. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,217)