cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilaj1
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple powerapp Forms to one line in SPO list

Although i think I've answered my own question from looking at a few post in this form, I wanted to confirm the next approach to address this.

I have a power app with about 12 pages, out of the 12 pages 9 have forms that pull from one master list in SPO.  I've only just gotten to the stage where I need to test the submit process and I found out that I cant run multiple Submit(form) actions. the first form submits then the other create blank lines on the list.

Do I then have to use collections for each page and create separate SPO list for each? Similar to repeating tables?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kilaj1,

Do you want to submit multiple forms into a master list in SPO?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, a collection could not be set to the DataSource property of a Form. Surely you could create repeated SP lists for each form, but it costs a lot.

I think Form.Updates could achieve your needs.

Since you have 12 pages and have 9 forms in total, you could add a navigate icon in each form, once you complete the current form, click the icon to navigate to the next form. Finally, you could set the OnSelect of the submit button on the last form as below:

Patch(SPList,Defaults(SPList),Form1.Updates,Form2.Updates,Form3.Updates,...)

Please check if it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kilaj1,

Do you want to submit multiple forms into a master list in SPO?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, a collection could not be set to the DataSource property of a Form. Surely you could create repeated SP lists for each form, but it costs a lot.

I think Form.Updates could achieve your needs.

Since you have 12 pages and have 9 forms in total, you could add a navigate icon in each form, once you complete the current form, click the icon to navigate to the next form. Finally, you could set the OnSelect of the submit button on the last form as below:

Patch(SPList,Defaults(SPList),Form1.Updates,Form2.Updates,Form3.Updates,...)

Please check if it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply.  Yes ideally the forms get submitted to a SPO master list but I want it in the same line.

What I did was to create this master SPO list with columns (about 50 columns) that would be used across multiple pages. 

This is a snippet from our whiteboard wire diagram of the powerapp.  In red boxes would be the Form, each panel is a page.  At the end it submits the master form, and in the onsucess, it patches the repeating tables and, at the time, I tried to have it submit the forms

kilaj1_0-1619490919153.png

I will try the patch option and let you know.

Hi @kilaj1,

Okay, I get it.

The solution I provided does patch all the forms into a single record. The way you tried needs you patch the repeated table again and again.

Here is a similar thread you could check for reference.

Solved: Re: Submit form for data from two screens - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Just check if my solution could solve your problem.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
kilaj1
Helper II
Helper II

It worked thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,880)