cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlavigne99
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple record entries from one form using a loop calculation.

Hello All, 

I have a simple form. (see below) 

I am trying to make a prepaid contract schedule by month. So I need to take the invoice amount, divide by the contractInMonths to give me the monthlypayment per month over the life of the contract. (below you can see that we are ok there - no issue) 

I then need to take that monthly payment (lets say a 12 month contract) and make 12 entries into my prepaid schedule table. This is where I run into an issue. I think that I need to create a collection for the 12 entries and use a ForAll to enter each one into the database but I am not sure how to use the ForAll to make the collection in the first place. I am still new to powerapps so any help would be great. Also, don't be scared to tell me that I am approaching this completely wrong as well 🙂 

rlavigne99_0-1632086401876.png

So I know how to make the variable for the contract in months and how to add a month to the invoice date, but I dont know how to loop it all to get these 12 transactions into the DB. 

rlavigne99_1-1632086802624.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Try something that looks like this:

ForAll(Sequence(Value(ContractInMonths.Text)) As Index,
    Patch(myPrepaidScheduleTable, Defaults(myPrepaidScheduleTable),
    {
        DueDate: DateAdd(Today(),Index.Value,Months),
        PaymentAmount: MonthlyPmt.Text,
        Vendor: Vendor.Text
    }
    )
)

Note, I've made assumptions about column names and control names in your app, but the format will be similar. As written, this code will create the number of records specified in ContractInMonths.Text, and populate three columns in that record: The payment amount, the vendor name, and due dates calculated by increasing months past today.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rlavigne99
Helper I
Helper I

I feel like I need to use some sort of ForAll() with a Sequence() but not sure how to put that together. 

BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Try something that looks like this:

ForAll(Sequence(Value(ContractInMonths.Text)) As Index,
    Patch(myPrepaidScheduleTable, Defaults(myPrepaidScheduleTable),
    {
        DueDate: DateAdd(Today(),Index.Value,Months),
        PaymentAmount: MonthlyPmt.Text,
        Vendor: Vendor.Text
    }
    )
)

Note, I've made assumptions about column names and control names in your app, but the format will be similar. As written, this code will create the number of records specified in ContractInMonths.Text, and populate three columns in that record: The payment amount, the vendor name, and due dates calculated by increasing months past today.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

rlavigne99
Helper I
Helper I

Am going to try this asap. Thank you so much. I will be sure to update this feed tomorrow with the results. 

rlavigne99
Helper I
Helper I

Patch('ITCosting PrePaid Schedules', Defaults('ITCosting PrePaid Schedules'),
{
        PmtMonthDate: invoicedatevalue.SelectedDate,
        InvoiceAmt: Value(invoiceAMTvalue.Text),
        Vendor: vendornamevalue.Text,
        ContractInMonths: Value(contractMonths.Text),
        ExpenseType: expensetypevalue.Text, 
        RenewalDate: renewdatevalue.SelectedDate,
        InvoiceNumber: invoicenumbervalue.Text,
        InvoiceDate: invoicedatevalue.SelectedDate,
        MonthlyPmt: Value(monthlypaymentvalue.Text)
    }
);

ForAll(Sequence(Value(contractMonths.Text - 1)) As Index,
    Patch('ITCosting PrePaid Schedules', Defaults('ITCosting PrePaid Schedules'),
    {
        PmtMonthDate: DateAdd(Today(),Index.Value,Months),
        InvoiceAmt: Value(invoiceAMTvalue.Text),
        Vendor: vendornamevalue.Text,
        ContractInMonths: Value(contractMonths.Text),
        ExpenseType: expensetypevalue.Text, 
        RenewalDate: renewdatevalue.SelectedDate,
        InvoiceNumber: invoicenumbervalue.Text,
        InvoiceDate: invoicedatevalue.SelectedDate,
        MonthlyPmt: Value(monthlypaymentvalue.Text)
    }
    )
);  

So here is the code that I got working with your suggestions. It seems to be doing exactly what I wanted now. Thank you so much for your assistance. I also learned some stuff here. So thanks for that as well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,587)