Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbobcook1
Advocate I
Advocate I

Multiple screen menu's showing same information

Afternoon All,

Myself and a colleague have built an Engineering system in PowerApps which currently is working quite well, we'd like to try and streamline things a little for quicker loading times etc on future builds, my question seems simple in my head but I'm not sure if there is a better way of achieving it.

Each screen in the app has a set of menu icons across the top showing the amount of requests for that section (4 in total), for example we have how many Unplanned requests we have in the pool (on the pictures below thats 22), currently each screen looks at the same gallery on the UPM screen (scrAllUPM) for the 22, so on loading from what I've read each screen that has this menu will load in full as its an item pointing at another screen. This isn't going to help load time, which at this point isn't the fastest but it's definitely useable. 

Here is a few of the screens to show you what I mean, so the label on the home screen menu for UPM (22) looks at the UPM screen (scrAllUPM) gallery which already has this filter done to get the correct figures. (Blurred text for GDPR etc)

Greenshot 2022-05-29 14.10.01.pngGreenshot 2022-05-29 14.12.39.pngGreenshot 2022-05-29 14.15.45.png

It's possible I'm way over thinking this but I see a few options

1. I leave it as is, it's working and the app is being used just fine
  2. I set a variable for each number using the same filter on the main galleries on each refresh and on App start
  3. Put 4 extra galleries on each screen with the filter on each to save loading other screens for the information 

To me, option 2 seems the most logical but I'm unsure if I'm missing something obvious. All I need is a good way to count rows in a filter from a SharePoint List and display the number on 10-15 screens (4 needed in total - UPM, Requests, Jobs and TAGS) whilst keeping API calls down to a minimum.

Any thoughts or ideas welcome

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jimbobcook1
Advocate I
Advocate I

So I've gone with setting a global variable for each Count Row number which refreshes every 10 minutes if the app is signed into, it seems to be functional plus the app has sped up a little bit which is nice.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jimbobcook1
Advocate I
Advocate I

So I've gone with setting a global variable for each Count Row number which refreshes every 10 minutes if the app is signed into, it seems to be functional plus the app has sped up a little bit which is nice.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,765)