Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Multiple search fields - Combo Box issue

I have some problems to use multiple search fields in my app

1. I have SQL as datasource
  2. two comboboxes using the same datasource (dbo.companies)
  3. Comboboxes are on the same screen

The purpose of the first is to find supplier using name or VAT, second is to fill in counterpart, so the customer, again using name or VAT. 

A) It works only in the first combobox, but both are exactly the same and in both is SearchFields value set to:

["Name"; "VAT"]

Is this known behaviour?

B) It is being reset to one searchfield every time I open web editor . 

1. I change the value to one mentioned above
  2. I save it 
  3. I publish the version - two search fieds do work in published app (at least the first one) 
  4. I open editor and the values are immediately reset to one search field only  

Any clue why is this happening?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomasZubov,

What is the formula that you used on the Items property of combo box? Also, explain the related data types. Notice the formula in SearchFields shoud be:

["Name", "VAT"]

Also take a screenshot of below settings:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hello @v-monli-msft,

Problem is that Microsoft decided long time ago, for some weird reason that I will never understand, to translate commands in Excel and the same is unfortunatelly true for PowerApps.

["VAT", "Name"] - does not work in Czech language
["VAT"; "Name"] - is "ok"

There is no difference if you have just 'dbo.companies' or Filter(...) in Items. Currently I have there full table so just 'dbo.companies' in Items.

I think that this issue is simply bug. I do not know where to report it... Cause of this bug is the translation mentioned above.

Workaround I found:

1) Set SearchFields ["VAT", "Name"] - ignore error (Unexpected symbols.....)

2) Run - stop preview

3) Correct SearchFields to ["VAT"; "Name"] - error is gone everything works fine now you can search in both columns

4) Repeat 1) - 3) for second combobox

5) Publish the version - everything works fine now you can search in both columns in both comboboxes

Problem is that you need to repeat steps above everytime you edit the app, because next time you open the app for editing, does not matter that you haven't changed a bit, SearchFields are reset to ["VAT"] only. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding @FilipKto help with this question.

@Anonymous 

Highlighted

I'm also seeing this error. Think should be fixed!!!

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @TomasZubov , @Anonymous 

Was this issue ever solved? I face same issue in an app a recently created. I have several comboboxes on different screens, but only the first inserted combobox on the first screen allows me to search multiple fields from my connected SQL data source.

The rest of my comboboxes are setup exact same way as the first, using the same data source.

Highlighted

Hi @Nicolai_Hardahl ,

I just tested that and at least now it works with semicolon, but you need to change it before every single change.

So issue with search field deletion is not fixed. 

Highlighted

Hi @TomasZubov and THX for this. i live in Denmark and had the same problem. Hovever my solution has been to use "," instead of using ";" as i normaly do. I just ignored the error, and published the app, and it has been working fine since. Realy one of those "What?" moments. But once again, thank you for your solution.

/Frank

Denmark

Highlighted

Same problem in Finland 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,977)