Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data_Enthusiast
Post Patron
Post Patron

Multiple signatures required on form

Hi Power Apps Community,

I am creating a form which requires multiple people to sign off on. I can only get it to work for one signature.

-- Currently: only one person is able to sign the form in the app, I then use Power Automate to convert the signature and then add the signature in the relevant PDF document. 

Is what I am trying to achieve possible?

If so, I would really appreciate any assistance on creating a solution for this.

Thank you in advance. 

18 REPLIES 18
eka24
Super User
Super User

Can you duplicate the existing signature control that is working so you have two.

One will initially sign, then the other person will open the form in edit. In EditForm Add the other signature and resubmit the form.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Data_Enthusiast ,

Yes, you can add one of more signatures to a PDF generated by a HTML document using OneDrive to convert it. Here is a video from @ChinoDoesStuff that explains the process. This is quite complex and it is very important you understand how to apply this to your process to be able achieve this. If your budget strecthes to Per User licensing, the Word Online (Business) connector does it much easier.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I am familiar with this process. The problem I have is allowing multiple people to use the same application to add their respective signatures.

Hi @eka24 

Apologies, I am not quite following.

So, if the first person signs, the signature is saved. When the second person signs, does it not override / or create a new file with the second signature?

@Data_Enthusiast ,

Ok you did not mention that.

You just need to either have two pen inputs or set a Variable (like the below) on a pop-up on the one pen input to set which one of the two fields in your data source to save it to. In the one shown, I grab both signature paths and incorporate them into a HTML document.

SignatureCapturepng.pngFredPDF.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I have not actually practice it. But give it a trial.

Yes the first person signs one field and save the form.

The second person opens the the form in edit then Add the other signature field then resubmit the form.

The override will come in only if there is on signature control. In this case make two signature controls, one for each other.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@Data_Enthusiast ,

Both @eka24 and myself can help you. I will be offline shortly due to time zone.

Hi @Data_Enthusiast ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thanks for checking in.

Unfortunately, I have not come right yet with this. Been trying to identify a potential solution.

More background:

- I have 5 users who need to sign the same form

- There is no particular order in terms of who may sign first

- Once person A signs, the other 4 must get notified of the form being signed and that a signature is required from them.

I am not sure if multiple users may access the same session?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,502)