cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drhibbert
Level: Powered On

Multiple users saving a form to excel

i have build an app that connect to a excel file, displays the table in a edit form, users make changes and save it back to excel. This works fine when 1 person is using the app, but i am getting incorrect data input back when multiple people are using the app. 

Only info i can find is using patch instead of submitform?

How good is excel for using as database when multiple users input data (single table)

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Multiple users saving a form to excel

@drhibbert 

Can you describe more about the issue you are seeing?  In general, there should be no issue with multiple users on an Excel data source - Patch/SubmitForm/Update/etc...  

Are you sure that all of them have shared access to the Excel file on OneDrive?  That is important.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
drhibbert
Level: Powered On

Every user can acces the app and read/write data from the excel, tested it for a few days with each user separately, today all 12 users used it simultaneously, they all select there own name first so the correct form pops up they need to fill in. I was not present and all they told me was that the values they inputted in the form was for example 1000 and the excel cel showed some huge result like 54786

Its actualy my fellow worker who made the app, everything is in 1 table and he filters on name.

If excel is capable of handling multiple users i think it would be better to split it up in multiple tables and add a id field for everything. I just started out with powerapps myself and i seem to get better results once i started working with a id and multiple tables.

Ty for the response.

Super User
Super User

@drhibbert 

PowerApps will assign an ID to the rows in the Excel file (you will see this as the PowerApps column that gets added)

So, it should already be recognizing the row properly.  It sounds like there might be something odd going on within the App itself perhaps in how the designer updated/patched/or submitted the record back to the datasource.  That might be a good first place to check...any submit buttons.

If you see some formulas that aren't quite clear, feel free to post them back so we can take a look.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,761)