cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Multiple users use same app at the same time?

Hi,

We have a custom business app in Powerapps. It's light CRM and service desk app. We need a app where more than one user can use simultaneously. Is this possible? 

We using Sharepoint Online list as a database.

Our app opens straight to the Customer -screen, where user select one of the customers from the gallery. When user press a customer item > app use this code on Gallery1_1 > OnSelect: 

Navigate(Screen3; ScreenTransition.Fade; {CustomVariable: Gallery1_1.Selected})

Then app goes to Screen3, where user can see those customer details what was selected. In Screen3 there is Gallery which has Item property: 

First(Filter(BasicDetails; CustomVariable.ID = ID))

Is this CustomVariable attached to a current user? Or can another user change that variable value, when he/she using the app at the same time? and then messing up that First user details view.

Do we need make copies of that app and every user use own copy of app?

I ask this because sometimes the screen3 customer gallery incorrectly displays the information of another customer.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple users use same app at the same time?

Hi @LeMan

The apps made in PowerApps are multiuser. They each are their own instances so it does not matter how many users use it at the same time.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LeMan,

Could you please share a screenshot of your PowerApps app's configuration?

I agree with @Anonymous's thought almost. Based on the formula that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The CustomVariable variable that you defined is attached to the current item that you select within the Gallery control of your Customer-screen.

I think it is not necessary to make a copy of that app for each user to use. If these users are members of your Office 365 Organization, you could share this app with them or the entire organization. If you share that app with your entire organization, everyone within your Organization could run this app. In addition, these users could run this shared app at the same time.

More details about sharing an app within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Sharing an app within PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

I made an app where people in my company has to submit dates for specific tasks. Even though each task is related to one person (meaning they submit dates to different tasks) when they want to save changes only one of them succeeds while the others get error that changes cannot be submitted. It is curicial for the sustainability of this app that people can use it at the same time. 

Is there a way to fix it? 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I think that there could be an issue with multiple users trying to submit data on the same powerapp at the same time because of Excel write (assuming data is stored in excel) which can be only one user at a time currently.

Is there a way to allow multi-user edit in shared excel at the same time?

Another thing, my powerapp is exposed to the users as a tab in Teams

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Do you know if this has been a problem? Or does this not matter? I am using an excel database too. @arun_mathew 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,070)