cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Multiple users using the same app using the same user account.

Hi all,

Is there likely to be any issues if I create an app with a log-in screen where various (approx 15) users log in with the same office 365 business account and when in the app I create a log in screen where different users can select their username and enter a password. On this being correct I could create variables throughout the rest of the app so that the app experience is unique to the user that is logged in though my own log in screen.

In theory I know how I’ll make the app and I have read on these forums that office 365 business accounts can have up to 200 log ins on different devices for each user so I believe this should work.

Am I right with this? Is there any potential issues? The users wouldn’t be able to edit the same records so there shouldn’t be any issue of different users editing the same data as the data will be unique to each individual.

I know/understand that the correct way to do this would be to pay for 15 or so separate 365 business account so that they could all log in the standard way, however for the small amount of data that will be edited I sort of don’t want to have to pay for all these accounts if there is a work around by doing what I’ve mentioned above.

I’m new to creating apps and doing the above will take me a while, so Just wondered if anyone can share any thoughts on potential issues or if any one has done this already and has any tips before I (potentially) start work on this!

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multiple users using the same app using the same user account.

Hi @d3ell ,

I think you have some misunderstanding on the doc I mentioned above. The "Yes" that you mentioned actually tells that the Office 365 Enterprise F1  license could only run apps (it could not create and share apps):4.JPG

If you have O365 business premium license for your account, and you share your app with these users who has Office 365 Enterprise F1, these users could use your app fully (Your share will be fully functional to F1 type users).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Even if you achieve what you're asking, I think you would still require a license for each user. 

See the paragraph on Multiplexing on page 5 of the Licensing Guide

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Ah, never really considered that aspect! it'd be breaking the microsoft policy law then!

Thanks for pointiing that out.

All the pricing plans seem a bit confusing, is the business essentials the cheapest plan then in order to have access and be able to use powerapps? (UK based)

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just running apps, F1 plan. £3 per month
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @d3ell ,

Do you want multiple users to use the same app using the same user account when using PowerApps?

The thought you mentioned is correct. Multiple users could use the same app using the same user account when using PowerApps.

I agree with @WillPage 's thought partly. Firstly, if you want your users to use PowerApps, you should purchase proper PowerApps license for each one of them.

But if you want your users to create, run and share a PowerApps canvas app, I don't think the Office 365 Business F1 plan is the cheapest one. If your account owns Office 365 Business F1 plan, you could only run a canvas app, not create or share an app.

Please check the following article about Office 365 Business F1 license inlcude PowerApps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#powerapps-for-office-365-...

If you want to create, run and share a canvas app using PowerApps, the cheapest license is Office 365 Business Essentials ($5 per user/month).

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-xida-msft thanks for your input which is appreciated.  yes i was wanting multiple users to use the same app using the same account in powerapps, but from @WillPage 's comments i understand this would be breaching Microsofts 'multiplexing' rules!?

I do believe i could create the app and it would work in theory, but at the same time i wouldnt want to break the rules! My app is currently built with the intention of having multiple users with their own user accounts i just havent purchased them all yet and had this idea where i could save a decent amount of money each month!  Typically microsoft have guarded themselves against this.

The only confusion i have is that @v-xida-msft  you have said that with the F1 account you cant create or share an app, whereas on that link you have sent the row that says Create and share apps it has a 'Yes'  adjacent to it? so can i or cant i!?

in reality though our field engineers will only use the app to input data, they will never create an app themselves so i dont think it would matter even if what you are saying is correct.

I personally have a 365 business premium accout and i'm the only person in our business who is creating apps so i assume any that i share will be fully functional to F1 type users?  (no premium connectors used in the app).

Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @d3ell ,

I think you have some misunderstanding on the doc I mentioned above. The "Yes" that you mentioned actually tells that the Office 365 Enterprise F1  license could only run apps (it could not create and share apps):4.JPG

If you have O365 business premium license for your account, and you share your app with these users who has Office 365 Enterprise F1, these users could use your app fully (Your share will be fully functional to F1 type users).

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you you have answered my query anyway so appreciate that, however with regards to the write up if you look further down the list it says "Create and share" and "Yes"

f1.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,284)