Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitsekar1996
Helper I
Helper I

MultipleSelection in combobox not reflecting in sharepoint

Hi All,

I have been trying to create a user form. I have Combo box field with multi-select named PORTFOLIO_INPUT. Items for the combo-box field gets data from another share-point list named REGION_COUNTRY.COUNTRY_DISPLAY(here COUNTRY_DISPLAY is a Column in REGION_COUNTRY ). And I have a condition applied in PORTFOLIO_INPUT based on the another drop-down named PORTFOLIO_LEVEL  please refer Inserted image for the condition. I am able to multi-select  items in combo-box  but only last  selected data item is reflecting in final user-form list. and I want the selected data to be separated by either comma(,) or semicolon(;) in final user-form list. 

I am aware of Patch function and concat operation to do the above task but i am not sure of the formula and which property  i need to apply.

Combobox itemsCombobox itemsCombobox Update propertyCombobox Update propertySharepoint Userform with MultiselectSharepoint Userform with MultiselectPORTFOLIO_INPUTPORTFOLIO_INPUT 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohitsekar1996 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" field in your SP List? Is it a Choice type column enabled "Allow Multiple Selections" option?

Do you want to save the all selected  "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" ComboBox options back to your SP List?

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, please try the following workaround:

Set the Update property of the "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" field data card in your Edit form to following:

ForAll(
        DataCardValue4.SelectedItems,
        {
           Value: Result
        }
)

Note: It is not necessary to use Patch function to achieve your needs. I assume that the "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" field is a Choice type column enabled "Allow Multiple Selections" option

If the "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" field is a Text type column in your SP List, and you want to save all selected options (separated with ";" or ",") back to your SP List, please modify above formula as below:

Concat(DataCardValue4.SelectedItems, Result & ";")

Please try above solution, hopes it could solve your problem.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohitsekar1996 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" field in your SP List? Is it a Choice type column enabled "Allow Multiple Selections" option?

Do you want to save the all selected  "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" ComboBox options back to your SP List?

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, please try the following workaround:

Set the Update property of the "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" field data card in your Edit form to following:

ForAll(
        DataCardValue4.SelectedItems,
        {
           Value: Result
        }
)

Note: It is not necessary to use Patch function to achieve your needs. I assume that the "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" field is a Choice type column enabled "Allow Multiple Selections" option

If the "PORTFOLIO_INPUT" field is a Text type column in your SP List, and you want to save all selected options (separated with ";" or ",") back to your SP List, please modify above formula as below:

Concat(DataCardValue4.SelectedItems, Result & ";")

Please try above solution, hopes it could solve your problem.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,695)