cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeHoy
Regular Visitor

Multiply and Divide Operators Not Working On Mobile

Hi all. I have a very strange problem and hope I can get some ideas here!

I have a very basic calculator app. It works fine for all users on PC. On mobile it works fine for me the creator, but for all other mobile users labels with multiplication or division operators do not work, when add and subtract does work.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and what I could do differently? Is there a way to debug so I can see what is happening in the broken labels live? Any idea why it would work correctly on the creator's phone but not my colleagues' phones?

I have tried removing the Round() function, this does not help. I have confirmed they are using the current version by changing the appearance for each version.

Multiplication formula result should show in this label, referencing three inputs (2 text inputs above, one other label)

multi formula.png

Addition formula in this label, with three inputs

add formula.png

How it looks for a mobile user. The multiplication result returns 0. labels at the bottom are there, just very pale grey text.

mobile user.png

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeHoy
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the tip re referencing the property, though that did not help in this case. The solution was in the decimal separator! The reason that the app works for me is that I work in English and my colleagues work in Norwegian, where ',' is the usual separator. Their phones/browsers failed to interpret "21.667". Solution: store this value as 21667/1000.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

@MikeHoy 

The best way to do this is to explicitly specify the text properties of the controls, rather than reference the control names. The syntax would look like this.

Round(
   Value(ManedesLonnInput.Text)/Value(WorkDaysInMonth.Text) * Value(AnnualHoliday.Text),
)

iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Totally agree with Tim, never reference the controls directly in your formula, always the property of the control you are looking for!

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

MikeHoy
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the tip re referencing the property, though that did not help in this case. The solution was in the decimal separator! The reason that the app works for me is that I work in English and my colleagues work in Norwegian, where ',' is the usual separator. Their phones/browsers failed to interpret "21.667". Solution: store this value as 21667/1000.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,528)