Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshieboy
Helper IV
Helper IV

Multiply the value of two dropdown fields in PowerApps

Hello,

I have two dropdown fields in PowerApps each pulling from a SharePoint list.  Both dropdowns store values 1-5 and I want if a user selects a value in dropdown 1 and another in dropdown 2, that a third field (text field) shows those values multiplied - so if a user selects 3 and then 5, the value of the third field will be 15.  

Further to this, I would like for that field to be color coded such that if a value is between 1and 6, its green, if its 8-12 its yellow, 15-16 is orange and 20-25 is Red.  These are the only combinations.  Any feedback on how to achieve this appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BlessedCobba
Resolver I
Resolver I

Depends on which part you wish to colour but if its the background then should be the Fill property

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BlessedCobba
Resolver I
Resolver I

Something like this for the text label

Text(Dropdown1.Selected.Value*Dropdown2.Selected.Value)

Conditional color formatting i've never tried but it would be some form of if statement in the colour property of the field (Updated, Thanks Asan)

If( Value(TextLabel.text) <= 6, Color, Value(TextLabel.text) <= 12, Color, Value(TextLabel.text) <= 16, Color, Value(TextLabel.text) <= 25, Color)

AsanKani
Helper V
Helper V

@BlessedCobba .. You are said right.. but one small modification required in your formula..

This is right.. 

Text(Dropdown1.Selected.Value*Dropdown2.Selected.Value)

@joshieboy  Need to modified below formula then it will be work.. what every your required value & color you can choose... 

If( Value(TextLabel.Text) <= 6, Color, Value(TextLabel.Text) <= 12, Color, Value(TextLabel.Text) <= 16, Color, Value(TextLabel.Text) <= 25, Color)

Did this post solve your problem? Please click Accept as Solution so that others may find it more quickly.
If you liked my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

joshieboy
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you very much for the prompt feedback.  I did the first piece with the multiplication and it works well.  I just had to change .Value to .Result.  For the color coding, what property am I setting this on, as the formula for multiplication is set on Default.  

BlessedCobba
Resolver I
Resolver I

Depends on which part you wish to colour but if its the background then should be the Fill property

View solution in original post

joshieboy
Helper IV
Helper IV

Wow.  This works beautifully.  Thanks again.

@joshieboy  Property Name : Color in which tool used like Label or textinput box used formulae...  simply color used text like Red, Green, Blue or you can use RTGB(255,255,0,1) like...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,076)